Can Anybody Diagnose This Disease

zigzag

Reaction score
Hi

Just Hoping that somebody can diagnose this disease on the Pectoral Fin Base of my Gold Severum. I got him from the LFS
a couple of Months ago, where he was said to have been bullied and was the reason why he was like this. I have tried on numerous occasions treating him with Pimafix which cleared his torn fins but had no effect on the Pectoral Bases. I have even tried Methylene Blue Applied directly. This Cleared it to some degree but it keeps reacurring.

I have included a couple of Photo's that show the Condition.

Please click an Image to view a larger version

Any Help appreciated!

Garry

Can you enlarge the pic and describe it in more detail.
Whats your location.

If you click the Image it will enlarge enough to see it Closer. The Pectoral Base/Muscle seems to flake away and sometimes chunks of it fall off. This has been going on for months now. I was going to euthanise it tonight as it keeps shaking and shimmying and sometimes hangs on its side. It also actively seeks out my Black Ghost Knifefish and pesters it into Pecking away at the area.

This is really a last chance Hope of curing it :unsure:

Incidentally I live in Ashton-Under-Lyne, Greater Manchester.

garry

Have you tryed a bacterial med.

No it isn't mainly for fungus pimafix.
Anti internal bacteria med by interpet the fish does stand a chance.

both my green terror when i brought him n my new jack dempsey both had this..had the same reaon from the two different fish stores...so i took there advice n left it....they have both heeled up nicely...all i can think is that its like they had a scuffle n the other fish tried ripping of its fins

both my green terror when i brought him n my new jack dempsey both had this..had the same reaon from the two different fish stores...so i took there advice n left it....they have both heeled up nicely...all i can think is that its like they had a scuffle n the other fish tried ripping of its fins

I would try some Melafix. Even though it may heal up nicley on it's own there is still risk that a secondary bacteria may come into play and must be prevented.

Most reactions

Back