Bye Belle

Auratus

Why am I browsing a fish forum at 2am?
Reaction score
Belle, my 2 and a half year old great dane died tonight from a massive heart attack. It was so random. I had to see the whole thing and it was horrible. We took her to the emergency vet's but she was already gone when we put her in the car.

Doctors said that it's normal for danes to have random heart attacks and die which we knew, but we never thought that it would happen to Belle. She wasn't even three years old! She was only 100lbs so it certainly wasn't from strain of weight. 3 minutes before she was eating dinner and barking at people walking by our house then boom, she fell down behind me at the computer and clenched up, started shaking, howled twice (I've never heard her howl), then peed and that was it... :-(

My mom is taking it horribly, I think she had a nervous breakdown. I didn't cry or anything, I guess I can accept death better then a lot of other people. Well, here are some pictures of her.

This is her watching the puppies being born last saturday.
cb8b378d.jpg

Eating the camera
e475e1e8.jpg

Her pound picture
045750ae.jpg

:rip: :rip:

Omg I am so sorry :-( When I saw the title of this I gasped and was hoping it was just a picture of her walking away or something. Big dogs are the greatest dogs, but they have so many random problems :/ I am so sorry, she was a beautiful dog, and I know you gave her the best and most loving home.

Take care :-(

What a shock :( I'm really sad to hear about Belle's death. Sorrell was right; she was so beautiful. Hope you're hanging in there~

Awwww....I'm sorry, Auratus! How sad! :( That's the down side to keeping pets...they die at some point and 'cause we get so attached to 'em we take it really hard. But, I guess the joys outweigh the sorrows, 'cause we're all still keeping pets, huh? At any rate, I'm very sorry. I hope it didn't sound like I was saying 'Yeah, well, it happens. What did you expect?' 'cause that really isn't what I was meaning. I was just trying to sympathize.

I love the picture of Belle watching the puppies being born! That look on her face is great! She looks concerned, and maybe a bit confused, and definately interested! :wub:

Hugs, if you want 'em.

Pamela
aka Married Lizard :wub:

so sorry to hear that, I love Great Danes. Someone in the Street has a Silver and a Dalmation Colored Dane.

I'm so sorry Aur. :-( I don't know if anything we say can make you feel better, but I know Belle couldn't have had a better home. Any dog would be lucky to have an owner like you.

What a beautiful dog. I love the first picture of her. Its no wonder her name is Belle.

I watched as my dog had a stroke. It is heartrending, but Im glad to hear you are coping with it. I was a wreck after my Bess died. My thoughts are with you and your mother.

I hate it when pets die. :sad: :byebye: :-( :-( :-( smilies cant express.

OMG. I'm so sorry :-( . I also hoped that when I looked at this post I wouldn't find out she's gone.

:sad: so sorry to hear about belle. beautiful dog. at least you had the honour of knowing her. deepest sympathy to you all.

Just try and remember all the good times that you had together, I'm sure there were plenty.
She was a very beautiful dog and will remain that way in your thoughts and memories.

Keep smiling :/

Link

Thanks for all the kind words, it really means a lot.

I have already been searching websites to rescue another huge giant monster dog :D but my mom isn't going to be getting a dog until next year which is very understandable. Right now she is just focusing on spoiling Baxter rotten, I think that's her way of healing.

I found another picture of Belle this afternoon. She has a giant head. Wasn't she cute? :wub:

Attachments

• pic013.jpg
    pic013.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 56
She was beautiful, and its so sad that she's gone. You won't forget her, and if you think you are, just take out her pictures and think about what her fur felt like and the funny things she would do.

We waited for a year after Bess died to get another dog and our other dog wouldn't tolerate the new one so the new one had to go back. If you are planning to get a new dog don't let your old one become too dominant.

Poor Belle. Rest in peace.

Most reactions

Back