Buying Freshwater Sharks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most "aggressive" would be a large rhom,manueli,irritan,marginatus etc. All need experienced keepers which imo, you dont have.

Theres no vicious type piranha, varies on different species and personality of individual fish. There are types that are more aggressive than others, but to be honest, you just seem to be out to find a man killer fish which there is none so your going to be disappointed with any piranha.

Seems were going round and round in circles now so this is my last input.

Theres NO man killer piranhas.
You shouldnt put any other fish in with them.

Enjoy your fish :good:

okay thanks....what kind of experience do need for one of those piranhas?

More than you appear to have to be honest, some they have very specific needs. For the last time, stick to your red's and gain experience.

Most "aggressive" would be a large rhom,manueli,irritan,marginatus etc. All need experienced keepers which imo, you dont have.

Theres no vicious type piranha, varies on different species and personality of individual fish. There are types that are more aggressive than others, but to be honest, you just seem to be out to find a man killer fish which there is none so your going to be disappointed with any piranha.

More than you appear to have to be honest, some they have very specific needs. For the last time, stick to your red's and gain experience.

yea i know im going to, but i need to know how i need to become more experienced and what needs of other piranhas are in order to become more experience....you know?

yea i know im going to, but i need to know how i need to become more experienced and what needs of other piranhas are in order to become more experience....you know?

By keeping your reds for a long time will build up your experience and then maybe try a solo species like a sanchezi etc. Dont go diving in at the deep end trying to buy a big rhom that you wont know how to handle.

You become more experienced by keeping the fish you have and reading up on them as well as fish you would like to keep. Try a Google search on them and you will find loads of information. Even searching our forum will return info such as the species profiles for Red Bellied Piranhas, Elongatus Piranhas, Sanchezi Piranhas and Wimple Piranhas.

I think this thread has pretty much run it's course. I don't know that there is anything else constructive that can be added so I am closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back