Buying Freshwater Sharks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is fairly aggressive' enough to survive with piranhas, and looks decently cool....this fish could be anything; 'shark,' cichilid, etc........

Your not listening! :/

You cant put anything in with piranha's. I dont care what you saw in a mouse feeding video on youtube or something, any fish that you put in is a potential meal. Might last a day, or even months but eventually it will be eaten!

is fairly aggressive' enough to survive with piranhas, and looks decently cool....this fish could be anything; 'shark,' cichilid, etc........

Your not listening! :/

You cant put anything in with piranha's. I dont care what you saw in a mouse feeding video on youtube or something, any fish that you put in is a potential meal. Might last a day, or even months but eventually it will be eaten!

yea i know that it will be eaten eventually, but i wanna know what kind of fish is 'most' likely to survive??

look, try it. it worked for me and if the worst happens just get a devider! i do agree you should be careful about shark size

Yeah, it doesn't work like that.

An 'aggressive' fish is probably less likely to survive with piranhas.
Fish that hide are more likely to survive longer.

Piranhas appear to go after bigger fish in nature anyway.

Given the above, plus the overall consensus in this thread, you pretty much have your answer.

Loony fish was lucky, simple as that.

A divider is no use for an eaten fish :blink:.

Even if it was, you can hardly divide a 75gal for 8rbp and a 7" fish.
Go ahead and do whatever you want, but other than loony fish (who also happens to keep fish that reach 3'), don't expect any advice on which species of fish you should effectively feed to your piranhas.

Because chances are it will happen, and if it doesnt, its not because you were clever and chose the right fish or anything, its because you did something stupid and got lucky.

look, try it. it worked for me and if the worst happens just get a devider! i do agree you should be careful about shark size

How long has it been in the same tank?any fish you put in is at risk. Ive seen endless people try it and it can take years but it usually ends with the fish being killed. The most likely to survive is proberly a plec but thats 50/50 and they crap constantly so not good for your bio load, plus your asking in another on your threads that you want as many reds as you can have so why you considering "sharks"?

If you want to keep piranha's and other fish, get another tank.

hmmm.... you know what that is a pretty good point, that makes sense that agressive fish would get killed..haha

Lets say i can get a shark or something for cheap, would it be worth a try?

i wanna find out which would be cooler.

do you think tons of reds would just really tear stuff apart and be cool..if so how many you think i can put in my 75 gal.?

hmmm.... you know what that is a pretty good point, that makes sense that agressive fish would get killed..haha

do you think tons of reds would just really tear stuff apart and be cool..if so how many you think i can put in my 75 gal.?

Its been tried a million times and doesnt work. Ive already replied on how many reds you could keep in a 75 in your other thread. If your going to buy reds thinking they will bite your finger off your very much mistaken. I think you will be disappointed if thats the sort of reason you want them. You'd be better off looking into chiclids if you want an aggressive fish.

Its been tried a million times and doesnt work. Ive already replied on how many reds you could keep in a 75 in your other thread. If your going to buy reds thinking they will bite your finger off your very much mistaken. I think you will be disappointed if thats the sort of reason you want them. You'd be better off looking into chiclids if you want an aggressive fish.

ugh............idk what to do

do you have reds? are you satisfied with them?

I have a pristo striolatus, very rare piranha. Have had reds and their interesting fish but I prefer serrasalmus etc as they have more personality.

Red's are very skittish fish until they get to sub adults. If you want the pygo shoal but want something more aggressive then maybe look into caribe, although I dont believe its the right time of year for juv's, usually more april time.

If your starting out (which it appears you are) then go for reds if you want a shoal as their most forgiving for bad water quality. But like Ive already said, if your looking for killer fish that attack you then their not it.

problem is there if the worst happens then it will be to late to get a devider :crazy:
seriously mate why bother unless your gonna do it whatever then do not bother a 75us is not a big tank to play those games,,,maybe if you said you had a 300+us then maybe try but would not be a good idea,,, have you ever been to an aqaurium?have the pirahna in with other fish :unsure:

cichlids theres lots of aggressive varietys,,i had a male jaguar cichlid that would attack anything that came in his tank,,,,

I have a pristo striolatus, very rare piranha. Have had reds and their interesting fish but I prefer serrasalmus etc as they have more personality.

Red's are very skittish fish until they get to sub adults. If you want the pygo shoal but want something more aggressive then maybe look into caribe, although I dont believe its the right time of year for juv's, usually more april time.

If your starting out (which it appears you are) then go for reds if you want a shoal as their most forgiving for bad water quality. But like Ive already said, if your looking for killer fish that attack you then their not it.

okay, well than what kind of piranha/fish should i get if i want it to attack anything in its tank?

okay, well than what kind of piranha/fish should i get if i want it to attack anything in its tank?

Why would you want that? :unsure: Your telling me you want a piranha that will kill anything in its tank and then your wanting to know of a fish you could keep with a piranha...Doesnt add up :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back