Buying Fish On-Line - Safe?

Well then it's a 48l tank so a little bigger than 10g, I think 12? Not sure on the plant from the picture as it's kind of small. It should deffo be out of the pot but post a topic in the planted section and someone will help you with an ID.

Yeah I actually swapped both of mine out for white bulbs as i never used the blue one. So, yes!

Well then it's a 48l tank so a little bigger than 10g, I think 12? Not sure on the plant from the picture as it's kind of small. It should deffo be out of the pot but post a topic in the planted section and someone will help you with an ID.

Yeah I actually swapped both of mine out for white bulbs as i never used the blue one. So, yes!

Thanks you've been a great help..

YES its 48l...so does that mean its actually 12g :hyper: ...yay even better!

Yeah I kept the pic small so as I am not sure what size I am allowed to post. I will take it out tomorrow and get a picture of it and ask in the planted section. Trying to decide if to add a moss ball or two in (have them in my 5g tank), Kind of like the simplicity of how it is though.

Thats great news about the bulbs. Like I said, both my other half and i like the blue light but its great news I can change it for a white if I need to. I'd love to add a small bubble curtain (don't know if you call them that) but for now I won't bother.

try AtoB aquatics - find them on facebook - is a closed group tho so need to join to see. they deliver by dhl overnight. think they are doing guppy and the like for 99p just now but all fish are by preorder only - give you time to get tank running x

try AtoB aquatics - find them on facebook - is a closed group tho so need to join to see. they deliver by dhl overnight. think they are doing guppy and the like for 99p just now but all fish are by preorder only - give you time to get tank running x

:good: Thanks I'll check them out :D

Ok, so last night I added ammonia bringing the ammonia levels up to about 4ppm.

Exactly 12 hours later the readings are:

Ammonia: 0.5ppm
Nitrites:0
Nitrates:0
PH: 7.6
Temp: 26 deg

I have brought the levels up to 3ppm again and will test again later. given in 12 hours the ammonia levels didn't drop to 0 does this mean the filter isn't 100% cycled or is 12 hours just too short for it to process 4ppm?

The tank has become crystal clear and looks fab. :wub: I can't wait to see some lovely fish swimming around in there.

Excellent! Good for you :D I would go for maybe another day or two with adding ammonia once a day, as you should be getting some nitrates. But by first appearances it looks like you're ready to go :good:

Excellent! Good for you :D I would go for maybe another day or two with adding ammonia once a day, as you should be getting some nitrates. But by first appearances it looks like you're ready to go :good:

:thanks:

:yahoo:. Well I was thinking (please please please correct me if this is a bad idea, I'd rather wait and get it right) but I added ammonia at 9 am this morning so if by 9pm this evening the levels have dropped again then I can dose with ammonia again and if by tomorrow morning they've cleared again (and i've got some nitrates?) then I could maybe get a few guppies tomorrow afternoon? Too soon do you think?

mmm, yeah it would probably be OK, just be sure to monitor your levels very closely the first couple of days. :)

Lisa just to say if you're near dobbies in livingston , just a bit further along the road (on a8 heading toward edinburgh) there's williamson's garden center they also have a small fish section inside , could be worth a look

:)

Lisa just to say if you're near dobbies in livingston , just a bit further along the road (on a8 heading toward edinburgh) there's williamson's garden center they also have a small fish section inside , could be worth a look

:)

Thanks Kizz, I am out Whitburn/bathgate (not far from you at all) area so i know the garden centre your talking about. I will definitely have a wee look in there. Thank you for letting me know, i'd never have thought of looking there.

mmm, yeah it would probably be OK, just be sure to monitor your levels very closely the first couple of days. :)

I would do that anyways. I've double checked my Nitrate levels and they are definitely 0 :sad:, has me worried. What should they be?

Ah not far from me at all , have you tried rintoul's in bathgate ? he has a vast variety of stock on everything lol he will prob be able to order in for you too

Ah not far from me at all , have you tried rintoul's in bathgate ? he has a vast variety of stock on everything lol he will prob be able to order in for you too

Yeah i looked in there a while ago, but there wasn't anything that caught my eye (all very large fish from what I can remember). The tanks were fairly empty. I will go in and have another look. Like you said maybe they could order endlers in for me seeing as I can't seem to find them anywhere. Cant' believe I admired them for months and months every time I was in pets at home and when I am actually ready to start looking into getting them NO WHERE has them :rolleyes:

Are you using the API test? If so,before you use it you need to drum both nitrate bottles against a hard surface for a good minute or so. Really give them a bash and shake as the active ingredient separates from the liquid.

Are you using the API test? If so,before you use it you need to drum both nitrate bottles against a hard surface for a good minute or so. Really give them a bash and shake as the active ingredient separates from the liquid.

Yes its the API tests. It only tells you to shake the 2nd bottle for 30 seconds so thats what I did. I will try giving both a really good shake/bash. You've been such great help, thanks again. :good:

Yeah just shaking it hard may not work, bang it on the worktop lol!

My pleasure :D

Most reactions

Back