Butterflies

wuvmybetta

Caw!!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share some pics of the butterfly exhibit we went to today. I took my kiddo on Saturday and it was so,so busy. Today was great though because there weren't tons of people in there. It's a beautiful tropical greenhouse set up with four koi ponds and it was just amazing. We could have stayed all day. They released 12,000 exotic butterflies from all over the world. Unfortunately most were too fast to even get a shot of. Anyway,here's what it looks like from the entrance, and this pic gives no idea as to how big the place actually is.

Attachments

• bfe9.jpg
    bfe9.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 78
One of the few willing participants...

Attachments

• bfe90.jpg
    bfe90.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 66
Tuesday and myself. She had an amazing bf, I believe it was called a small postman.

Attachments

• bfe1.jpg
    bfe1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 73
a hatchery,which was awesome.

Attachments

• bfe3.jpg
    bfe3.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 59
I like that last one...don't think I've ever seen one quite like that before. Cool

SRC,there was the most amazingly blue BF's and I almost died trying to get a pic of them. I finally was waiting patiently by a feeder as one fed and then a volunteer walked up and promised he wouldn't open his wings and show the blue :X

I couldn't find this one in the pamphlet,but it was huge!

Attachments

• bfe2.jpg
    bfe2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 62
And lastly,this pic. It's weird but I liked it :p

Attachments

• bfe8.jpg
    bfe8.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 62
We have a butterfly pavilion that is similar in Denver, it's a great place. I could spend hours there if it weren't so expensive.

Great pictures though.

woah..lookit the first pic..u can see a weird reflection of a person!!! thats crazy!!!! very goolish... :eek: :eek: ..nice pics wuv...butterfly exhibits are soo fun to go to, thers a big one about a hour drive from my place... i like goin there in the summer.... :D i like the pic of the butterfly on your daughters nose...lol..it's fun when the butterflys land on you!!!!! :nod: :nod: :D

The big one that was not in the pamphlet is Attacus atlas. Actually a moth, not a butterfly, but popular in those kind of exhibits because of it's size. Commonly called an "Atlas". Has the largest wing surface area of all moths, although there are others with longer, but narrower wings.

Hi Wuv,

Looks like a great place and the BF's look really interesting too.
Your little girl looked like she was having a ball. Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

Back