Bubbles Forming Under Rocks?

STANNY

Reaction score
So ive spent the last few days setting up my my first tank. Ive got the sand in and have used some epoxy to glue some rocks together. Now when i put the rocks into the tank i made sure to rotate them so no air was trapped underneath, but in the last couple of hours bubbles have formed under some of the rocks. Is this a problem? I know i could just rotate the rocks again to release the bubbles but i am afraid that the epoxy bond between the rocks may break and i would have to form them again.

If you gave time for the expoxy to cure before putting them in the tank, you should have no problem moving them. I'd suggest getting the air out it will leave a space with no new oxygen and if something does move it, you will get a rotten egg smell from your tank, this stuff is poisonous so get it out while you can

Since you say it's a new tank setup, it may be that as you put colder water in and then heated it, some oxygen came out of solution and formed the bubbles, the same way that a glass of water left overnight gets bubbles in it. If you leave it a day or two more these will go away. I doubt your tank has enough bacteria in it to produce the hydrogen sulphide rotten egg gas.

Epoxy is full of ammonia, make sure the levels are zero before adding anything. I had the same experiance with my Refugium, i had to wait for the epoxy to cure before attaching it to the tank to prevent ammonia breakout

Most reactions

Back