Bronze Cory's Not Showing Good Signs

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I think you might be ok with at least a 90 litre long tank, but obviously the bigger the better. (36 x 12 x 12 inches or 80 x 30 x 30 cm approx) higher depth tanks will be absolutely fine also, those figures are minimum tank size i would suggest.

If you see the links I posted for Bronze Cory and Harlequins from Seriously Fish, that suggests a tank of at least 80 cm long and 30 cm wide, so using that you are looking for a tank thats about 3 ft long, that would work nicely for a group of 6 Bronze Cories, same thing for the Harlequins although that says 60cm long, but a larger tank is always better.

depending on your budget, have a look online and am sure there will be a few second hand 3ft tanks for sale at good prices, you can also find some new full set ups from LFS at fairly reasonable prices (those sometimes comes with not so good heaters and filters, so check these out first before buying!)

Happy shopping and let us know how you get on and do ask if you ever unsure or get stuck with anything at all. 
smile.png

Thanks, I already have a heater and filter fairly oversized for my tank because i always wanted to expand, so i got the stuff i needed first, i pretty much just need a bigger tank, thats the issue, everything is in packs!

Perfect! 

Let us know how you get on, sorry if the advice I gave earlier was a little negative for you, but i think a larger tank will make these guys much happier and also bumping up the numbers of Bronze Cories will make a big difference to their behaviour 
smile.png

Ch4rlie said:
Perfect! 

Let us know how you get on, sorry if the advice I gave earlier was a little negative for you, but i think a larger tank will make these guys much happier and also bumping up the numbers of Bronze Cories will make a big difference to their behaviour 
smile.png
Isnt it strange how they have been fine since end of August, but now i get my first issue? I just need to save up for a better tank, shouldnt take long :p

No, don't find that particularly strange. Fish have grown since being added to tank and the stress is starting to take its toll perhaps.

Most reactions

Back