The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

this is the one with the worst redness I could find

Attachments

• D21CCC31-D8D0-4E43-9557-AE7E3FF58795.jpeg
    D21CCC31-D8D0-4E43-9557-AE7E3FF58795.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 62
It dosent look too bad. Do a 75% water change and keep a d eye on it. If it is still there in another day or 2 do another and let us know

Yeah lovely tank btw kinda what I aspire too. I bought them with a slight red tinge I believe seen because I haven’t seen a drastic change in their appearance nor temperament. They’re lovely creatures and I’m really enjoying them probably why I’m stressing!

Yeah lovely tank btw kinda what I aspire too. I bought them with a slight red tinge I believe seen because I haven’t seen a drastic change in their appearance nor temperament. They’re lovely creatures and I’m really enjoying them probably why I’m stressing!
No it's only slight but in future buy them clear ;) but all fishes gills are red in side when open. Just change your water as mentioned by @JuiceBox52 and keep testing your water, do you use API master test kit as it's the best you can by in my eyes anyway. Oh don't worry the addiction will kick in as i've added another 2 Albino's to mine :rofl:

I’m a university student so struggle with money and the kits really expensive :( I’ve got strips which I know aren’t good enough but coronavirus hasn’t helped just yet in funding the addiction! I’m planning to eventually have a guppy breeding tank alwuas seemed like an amazing idea

I’m a university student so struggle with money and the kits really expensive :( I’ve got strips which I know aren’t good enough but coronavirus hasn’t helped just yet in funding the addiction! I’m planning to eventually have a guppy breeding tank alwuas seemed like an amazing idea
Yes i know you have it hard regarding university but when you can afford one get one as they give accurate readings.

When you buy guppies make sure you can drop on wide fan tailed ones as those are the nearest to a good original and don't mix any endler guppies with them, as they're an hybrid half guppy and they attack them being larger.

Do you know your GH? You should be able to find this on you water providers website. Guppies and soft water fish like corydoras have different water requirements so it would be cool to know which one your water is suited for.

You are right it is totally an addiction

Hi, yes guppy’s in the near future but Ofc now focusing on community tank. My waters GH is quite hard being from london in the UK. Before adding any more fish or anything I want to wait at least 2 months to ensure that all the water parameters are perfect and my fish are happy. At the minute in my long 20 gallon I have 3 bronze Corys and 5 Pygmy Corys and 6 small Glowlight danio. I’m conscious of overfilling the tank in the future but love Corys and would love 2 albino Corys. It’s a big tank but would this be overfilled?

You
Hi, yes guppy’s in the near future but Ofc now focusing on community tank. My waters GH is quite hard being from london in the UK. Before adding any more fish or anything I want to wait at least 2 months to ensure that all the water parameters are perfect and my fish are happy. At the minute in my long 20 gallon I have 3 bronze Corys and 5 Pygmy Corys and 6 small Glowlight danio. I’m conscious of overfilling the tank in the future but love Corys and would love 2 albino Corys. It’s a big tank but would this be overfilled?

You could do another 2 corydoras.

Yeah I thought the same I’m also quite hands on so planning to do regular changes and have a spray bar etc so hopefully should Be fine.

Yeah I thought the same I’m also quite hands on so planning to do regular changes and have a spray bar etc so hopefully should Be fine.
You

You all seem really knowledgeable
You

you all seem really knowledgeable and was wondering with my water temperature at a constant of 23-29 degrees is there any other fish you’d recommend. I see a lot of people suggest dwarf blue gourami but is there any other slightly niche suggestions your have which you’ve alll enjoyed

you all seem really knowledgeable and was wondering with my water temperature at a constant of 23-29 degrees is there any other fish you’d recommend. I see a lot of people suggest dwarf blue gourami but is there any other slightly niche suggestions your have which you’ve alll enjoyed
Also more importantly I apolgise, excitement over new tanks etc taking over, if nitrites don’t fall afte water change after test in 3 days what should I do

I like ember tetras. Your tank is pretty well stocked but you could probably do 8 with the fish you've got if you do weekly water changes of 65%

Most reactions

Back