Breeding

Ok, i over reacted!!! :rolleyes:

This morning i have about 30 fry, that i can see so far, in the nest and dad is being great! :D

Here he is watching over his babies :wub:

Attachments

• dad_fry_060605.jpg
    dad_fry_060605.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 43
And this was the only picture my terrible camera would take of the tiny fry!! can you spot them? :D

Attachments

• fry_060605.jpg
    fry_060605.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 33
Awww I see those lovely babies :wub:

I really hope you get one like the daddy :wub:

I just put his brother in with a yellow girl today so fingers crossed he's as good as your male and we have fry :D

Thanks Joby! And good luck with my boys brother!!! :D

I guess the hard part is keeping the little babies alive when dad's taken out!! -_-

I seem to have even more now! :S

Dad has spent much of today extending the bubblenest and moviong some of the fry from the middle to the new bit. Im assuming he's trying to spce them out a bit.. So they'll grow better? :unsure: Im leaving him to it anyway! There's got to be at least 50 in there, maybe more! :D

Here's his nest!!! :wub:

Attachments

• 100_3082.jpg
    100_3082.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 45
What brilliant pictures. Please keep posting them. Keeping everything crossed that it carries on going well. What kind of success rate is the norm ?

Im not sure what the normal success rate is actually -_- As this is my first attempt im just happy to have got them to spawn and to have little baby bettas! :D

The bubblenest was only half that size when they spawned. You can see where it 'joins' in the middle. He spent most of today building the back part of it (the right side of the pic) and moving some of the fry to there. He's very strange... :rolleyes:

Wow, what a great story!

Awesome parents and I'm sure the babies will be to, so cute :wub:

Where in the UK are you? If you do decide to sell any.

Well done

Dan

As it seems i have a lot more baby bettas than expected, if i manage to keep them all alive (lets not assume here people! :lol: ) i'll definately have plenty for sale as i probably couldnt keep more than a few due to lack of space!!!

Im in Tewkesbury in Gloucestershire so if anyone does want any, in a couple of months when they're starting to develop colours and tail types a bit better let me know what you're after and i can send you pics! At the moment im not planning on shipping any purely because i have never done it and wouldn't want to risk them dying, but i probably could make exceptions if necessary... At your own risk though :unsure:

But as they're only a day old i think we'll have to wait at least a few weeks to see how many i end up with! Im more than happy to sell them to people on here though as i will know they're more likely to get looked after than if they're sold to people at my LFS :)

Most reactions

Back