breeding help

fuzzy photo or not...i think that guy's tail is still torn up. good luck with them, anyway. and thanks for taking everyone's advice to split them up!

OMG! :crazy: It looks like you have 2 beat up MALE Bettas in the same tank. If that is the case you need to seperate them. It would be best, if you could put each in his own 1 gallon, or bigger tank.

ManyFISH4Me said:
OMG! :crazy: It looks like you have 2 beat up MALE Bettas in the same tank. If that is the case you need to seperate them. It would be best, if you could put each in his own 1 gallon, or bigger tank.
[snapback]881134[/snapback]​
Had you read, you would know he already has :p

I still don't know what to think of this thread though....?

:*) Sorry, I wa freaked by the site of 2 males at the bottom of the first page. I responded before I realized that there were 2 more pages.

shuttlechamp said:
do i have to have heaters and filters in both the 1 g tanks?
[snapback]881153[/snapback]​

For the bettas to live in? Not really, but you DO have to do regular water changes on tanks that size. Watch and make sure the water doesn't get too cool. Anywhere between 75-80 is perfect.

Did you not research the fish you were getting?!
As already said......thanks for separating the male bettas.
You need to ensure that the tank temperature is correct for the fish so you may need a heater it depends on your house really. My Bettas have small heaters in their tanks to ensure they are kept at the right temperature.
I would really advise not to breed any fish yet (although you can't really stop the livebearers) but don't try with the Bettas yet, you're not ready, I know this has been said but I felt the need to emphasise it.

I do agree with wuv... not sure what to think of this thread.

i know. i gave up on that a while back.

i didnt have a comp that worked at the point i was getting the fish so i had a word with the person in the shop, but looking back, i dont think he knew what he was talking about. i researched once i got the internet working but i didnt find anything that said it was bad to have them together and they were both ok.

OohFeeshy said:
You didn't find anything saying not to keep two males together? Boy, you can't have been looking very hard  :rolleyes:
[snapback]881180[/snapback]​

Well, duh! If he thought they were called cories he wouldn't have heard/read anything about them being seperated :*

And the research has brought him to us. So let's all be kind :)

Agreed at least we can help him now!!
Sorry for ranting - I've just seen too much now! Maybe I should stay away from threads that might upset me!!!! It might be safer!!
How are the bettas now they are separated? Have you sorted the tanks?

Most reactions

Back