Breeding Group Of Cyprichromis Leptosoma (sardine Cichlids)

Sporen

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Livestock: Cyprichromis Leptosoma (Sardine cichlids)
Quantity for sale: 5 (3 males, 2 females)
Reason for Sale: Would benefit from a bigger tank
Delivery or Collection: Collection only
Sales price: £30 for the group
Postage & Packaging: NA
Photograph: Sorry about the rubbish quality, they are very quick but you can see the lovely blue and yellow the males all sport

sardinecichlids004.jpg

I originally bought these lovely fish as I felt sorry for them in the LFS as all but one of the males was a complete state and the single female was being constantly harrased. I brought them all home with me and then found another adult female to share the males attentions. They have since produced 4 lots of babies between them, all of which were a good size and healthy when spat. Sadly they 100L cube they are living in is really not adequate for them and now that all the fish are in good health it is time for me to find them a new home with someone who has a more spacious tank (4ft would be a sensible minimum). These fish will not dissapoint and it is very interesting to watch the males displaying and the fish spawning. The only thing I would mention it that I have always had to strip the females of their young as they have held for 32 days before and I got worried about their body weight dropping any further. However they always recover from the stress of this quickly and usually accept food the following morning. These fish have impeccable manners and have lived with my shell dweller family for many months now without incident. Please research these fish before enquiring as they do have a few basic needs which must be followed to ensure their happiness and health. I paid £15 each for these fish so I hope £30 for the group is a sensible price to ask. Pickup preferably this weekend as this will mean that the females are caught between broods and can be moved without undue stress.

they fresh water or marine?

ok checked, il see if i can get these collected

thanks

do you still the Cyprichromis or are they sold?

Yes they are still available, have produced another 2 batches of babies since the original post!

im intrested in the Cyprichromis i already have a group of 7 and are looking for more any chance you could send a contact number
to me so can get in touch tryed to pm you but cant
thanks kirk

Hi, you can email me at [email protected] and I will send you a contact number. Tried to PM you but it won't let me and don't really want to put my contact number on the forum for all to see! Thanks

Just realised, looking at your other posts I see your current group of 7 is made up of all males? I assume you would only be interested in the 2 females then? Thanks

was just gonig to get get all 5 and any babies if you had any

To be honest I think between 10 males the 2 females would be harrased to death, they have a rough ride now and there are only 3 males to contend with. I do have about 30 babies currently so don't know if you want some of them to grow on and hopefuuly get some females?

I managed to get 3 at a tenner a piece but I have seen them for as much as 20 quid each!

Yours are a bargin, just wish you were nearer and I'd have a few from you :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back