Boyfriend Has Said I Can Have A Betta At His House!

Curiosity101

Is now at University! :D
Reaction score
Lol, anyhoo. I kept complaining I got lonely because I work 4/5 days a week daytime. And he works/does stuff 3/4 nights a week so I'm sat on my own at his house quite alot.

Anyways...I was going to get a betta when I got to uni in September...but as it stands I can get one sooner. Yay.
So, serious planning must now begin. What tank do I go for?

Can I really hold on until carboot season starts? lol ('hold on'...yes I really am that sad)

Lol, anyhoo. I kept complaining I got lonely because I work 4/5 days a week daytime. And he works/does stuff 3/4 nights a week so I'm sat on my own at his house quite alot.

Anyways...I was going to get a betta when I got to uni in September...but as it stands I can get one sooner. Yay.

Can I really hold on until carboot season starts? lol ('hold on'...yes I really am that sad)

whats carboot season?

whats carboot season?

What we would call a flea market in the States.

My fish just magically appear in our house, and when he asks about it, i tell him its always been there. Worked for the first 4...

Nagging really does work.
I'm a military fiance, and I blame it on the fact that he's always gone also!

It works wonders! : O

... Now we have 16.

Nagging really does work.
I'm a military fiance, and I blame it on the fact that he's always gone also!

It works wonders! : O

... Now we have 16.

Fish or tanks? lol.

And however excited I am, I don't think I'll be getting a betta actually.
Not for AGES anyways.
Instead I am setting up a small plastic tank with two crystal red shrimp :thumbs:
I'm going to take them to uni with me and once I've ironed out the kinks, like what to do during uni holidays when I'm at home.
THEN I'll being going out to buy myself a new baby boy...as opposed to the silly two legged thing I call a boyfriend. lol (I love him really)

ps: I'll be making myself a sponge filter in the coming days, wish me luck!

@heygetsmart

I blamed the army hubby for not being home too...lol. ^_^ got me a ....well.... A LOT of fish and tanks lol. :flowers:

last time he came home he walked in with a buddy with a brand new 180g lol

The Car boot season should start up everywhere in general within the next month or so* grumbles about not being allowed any more tanks *

Besides, unless you can get hold of enough mature media to fill whatever filter you have, you're going to have to wait at least a month for your filter to cycle anyway so rushing isn't much of an option.

The Car boot season should start up everywhere in general within the next month or so* grumbles about not being allowed any more tanks *

Besides, unless you can get hold of enough mature media to fill whatever filter you have, you're going to have to wait at least a month for your filter to cycle anyway so rushing isn't much of an option.

I can steal it from my current 125l if neccesary. My current plan is a home made sponge filter, seeded from my tank at home :thumbs:

So all is good on the filtration front.

:good: excellent stuff. I think my mother will probably tie my hands behind my back and gag me when we go to the car boot sale to prevent me getting any more tanks :p

:good: excellent stuff. I think my mother will probably tie my hands behind my back and gag me when we go to the car boot sale to prevent me getting any more tanks :p

*smirk* lol.

My bf has to ask his mum if I can have the tank -_-
Even though it may well be battery powered!
And she doesnt even live at the house.

She said no!
She said I'm not allowed a 'fish tank' in the house.
A 10l shrimp tank is not a 'fish tank'. It's barely even a tank. More of a plastic box of water tbh. (With a filter of course)
But it'd be battery powered, and sealed enough, so any fishy smells would stay within the tank *pouts*

I'm actually thinking about sulking. Not sure how far this method will get me though. So instead I shall set it up at my parents house, let it grow out a bit, and then they can 'come and stay' at my boyfriends house.
I'll be like 'come look at my shrimp...they're only staying overnight I'm taking them to live with me at work'

And she'll be like 'oooo they're pretty (crystal reds)' and 'Oh I'm so sorry if i'd know they could've stayed'

Yes...I have it all planned. Does mean I am DEFINITELY going to hang back on the betta front though.
If I can't get away with a 10l or below box then I wont be able to get anything big enough for a betta. *Sniffle*

She said no!
She said I'm not allowed a 'fish tank' in the house.
A 10l shrimp tank is not a 'fish tank'. It's barely even a tank. More of a plastic box of water tbh. (With a filter of course)
But it'd be battery powered, and sealed enough, so any fishy smells would stay within the tank *pouts*

I'm actually thinking about sulking. Not sure how far this method will get me though. So instead I shall set it up at my parents house, let it grow out a bit, and then they can 'come and stay' at my boyfriends house.
I'll be like 'come look at my shrimp...they're only staying overnight I'm taking them to live with me at work'

And she'll be like 'oooo they're pretty (crystal reds)' and 'Oh I'm so sorry if i'd know they could've stayed'

Yes...I have it all planned. Does mean I am DEFINITELY going to hang back on the betta front though.
If I can't get away with a 10l or below box then I wont be able to get anything big enough for a betta. *Sniffle*

lol devious!

good idea! :good:

Most reactions

Back