Bowl Or Tank

Tanks because thy generally tend to have more volume, more space for the fish to swim in, and much easier to fit equipment like filters/heaters/lights in if you ever decide to use those things.

Tanks...though if i get an unexpected betta it sometimes has to be a bowl! I usually put my little girl betta in a bowl until I sort out. :drool:

Well I've never really had a Betta until Mizu and Wendy-Pepper but I thought a tank would be better because it gives it more space... and aren't filters suppossed to be good for fish? Mine seems to like to play with the bubbles from the filter.

Tanks. I have a ~4 gallon bowl and a 3 gallon tank but I prefer the tank because you can see the betta better and it's easier to fit equipment.

KitKat88, yes filters are good for fish, but bettas are a bit of an exception. They produce such little waste they don't necessarily need a filter, and they hate current in the water. I have a filter in my bowl (at a very low flow) but some bettas don't like filters even on a low flow. It kinda depends on the individual fish. I would always try with a filter first and see whether the betta is OK with it. If not, I'd remove it.

KitKat88, yes filters are good for fish, but bettas are a bit of an exception. They produce such little waste they don't necessarily need a filter, and they hate current in the water. I have a filter in my bowl (at a very low flow) but some bettas don't like filters even on a low flow. It kinda depends on the individual fish. I would always try with a filter first and see whether the betta is OK with it. If not, I'd remove it.
Crap... maybe I should of done that with my last betta T_T!!! So much went wrong with that one T_T!!! This one doesn't seem to mind it though... I don't know if he likes the bubbles or not from it. He's only been in thre for about 4 or so days so far.

I've always used bowls & did fine.
You just need to get a 1-3gl bowl & it will do ;) Plenty of room.
But some people use small bowls :( ehh.
Tanks are good though.
Idk, I just like bowls better. idk why, LOL.

Most reactions

Back