Platinum polar parrot fish swim bladder?

I would not start out with Kanaplex, and especially not a double dose of putting it in the water and in food. Sores and other open wounds can be easily treated with non-antibiotic medications. It sounds like the sores are largely healed on this fish. Otherwise, we have no solid indications of a bacterial infection, so dosing an antibiotic (especially a very powerful antibiotic like kanamycin) might be needlessly putting stress on your fish and your biofilter.
It is not a double dose. A little in the food is not a full dose. Anyway, it sounds like the fish is very ill and won't eat anyway. Kanaplex is absorbed through the skin too. I would start out with that. I dont know if the wounds are healed either, the OP said they have gotten better, but I'm not sure what that means. Seachem states that Kanaplex does not affect an established biofilter.

The sores are gone. I had him in a separate tank for 2 weeks. I treated the water and done regular water changes. He still won't get up. Just laying in the same spot on his side. I have other fish in his tank they don't seem to be messing with him as of last night.

The sores are gone. I had him in a separate tank for 2 weeks. I treated the water and done regular water changes. He still won't get up. Just laying in the same spot on his side. I have other fish in his tank they don't seem to be messing with him as of last night.
A bacterial infection has the symptoms of swim bladder disease. Also, a hard hit, like striking objects in the tank, can damage the swim bladder.

Since the wounds have healed, it is less likely that there is an internal bacterial infection.
He might have damaged it by striking the objects in the tank.

Here is a good reference to read: https://www.thesprucepets.com/swim-bladder-disease-in-aquarium-fish-1381230

Most reactions

Back