Bottom Dweller

DanielG

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 33 gallon community tank with live plants and am looking at the following stocking,

2 x Honey Gourami
3 x Male Guppies
9 x Neon tetra
5 x Corys

I also wanted a bristlenose but i have heard that it will eat all the plants!!!!
Is the another small plec that would nt eat the plants that i could add to the tank?

Thanks

Hi, i have a bristlenose and she has never touched my plants, she only eats my algae and Hikari Algae wafers. Not sure if this is the same for everyone, but i haven't heard of a bristlenose eating plants.

ps- i had male guppies and neons together and the neons nipped the guppies tails a lot, so i had to seperate them.

Hi, i have a bristlenose and she has never touched my plants, she only eats my algae and Hikari Algae wafers. Not sure if this is the same for everyone, but i haven't heard of a bristlenose eating plants.

ps- i had male guppies and neons together and the neons nipped the guppies tails a lot, so i had to seperate them.

bristlenoses do not normally eat plants.

It is possible that they may scratch up some broad-leafed plants a bit when they reach their adult size. I haven't seen this though.

My bristlenoses have never touched my plants so far. Id get a birstlenose and another cory, because there supposed to be in atleast 6's

Most reactions

Back