boring fish

newfie

Reaction score
i have a 15 gal tank with mollies,swordtail and platys and find these very boring fish to watch.is there any exciting fish i can keep in a 15 gal.

I find activity and behaviour exciting in fish, others like color or uniqueness. So what does exciting mean to you? then we can try to give you some ideas that would meet your situation. :)

What exactly do you mean by activity? The fish you have are not "still" fish - they're constantly on the move and don't stay in one place. I hope you don't mean more aggresive fish. :angry:

Why Gadazobe? What is wrong with aggressive fish? Unless you are trying to get a fish that will kill of your other fish, newfie?

P.T.

There's nothing wrong with aggresive fish at all as long as they are put in suitable surroundings. I keep cichlids which are known for their aggresiveness, but I don't keep them with peaceful fish in a community tank. By puting aggresive fish with peaceful ones, especially in a small tank, you will stress the peaceful ones - they will always have to be on guard that they're not nipped, bitten and whatever. Stressed fish have a low survival rate - they are more prone to disease and often die well before their time.

Hmm, yeah. Put aggressive fish in with peaceful fish. Where's the problem there?

I hope you can read the sarcasm there. :)

newfie said:
i have a 15 gal tank with mollies,swordtail and platys and find these very boring fish to watch.is there any exciting fish i can keep in a 15 gal.
Are you planning to rehome the existiing fish and get others instead of these?

when i said more activity i meant some faster fish or more playful ones.i would never put aggressive fish in my community tank.its just it does not seem like my fish moves around very much and my tank is cycled and my params are ideal.

Zebra danios zoom around all day chasing each other. They do best in schools of about 5. How many of the other fish have you got?

well i guess im overstocked now but planning on returning some.i have 2 swordtails,2 mollies,2 platys,bueneo aries tetra and a golden algae eater in a 15 gal tank.i have 2 filters 1 a 150 and a 200.

Most reactions

Back