Boesmani Rainbow Not Eating

avfc-tim

Reaction score
Hi all,

5 days ago a friend of mine gave me a large bosemani rainbow, and I have not seen him eat in all the time hes been in my tank. Could this be him being 'shy' or is there more to it?

They arent usually picky eaters in my experience, can I just ask is the tank a fully cycled tank? How long has it been set up, what other fish are in with it? Tank size? Tank temperature? what are you feeding it/other fish?

I think they are shoalers, so maybe he needs some friends? Only if the tank is big enough though-they need a lot of swimming room.

The tank is fully cycled, has been set up for over three years. It is a 260 litre community tank running at around 29/30 degrees. There are 4 other rainbows in there, 4 clown loach, a plec, 5 rummy nose tetras, 5 dwarf pencil fish and 4 panda corys. I feed them on the 'Tetra Min' crisps (and algae wafers for the bottom feeders)

It may just be a case of letting him settle then, however, I would add that temperature is a little high for rainbows, they prefer lower temps, 24/26c, so maybe its taking a while for him to adjust. How is his/her colouration?

Thanks minxfishy, had not realised about the temperature, maybe i'll drop it a degree or so. Co;ours good though.

Fed tonight for the first time, not sure if it was because he was hungry, or the bloodworm I put in tonight!

Most reactions

Back