Blue Acaras

TATTIESCONE

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 4 blue acaras in my 55 gal.
I have never been totally convinced that they are Blue Acaras and after looking on here at a topic on the same subject im pretty sure they are not green terrors, can anyone give me a 2nd opinion as to what i have.
They are not showing the orange outlines yet on their fins like some of the photos online show of blue acaras. Thanks

Attachments

• Blue acara 003.JPG
    Blue acara 003.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 51
Looks like a blue acara to me to be honest

I don't think he has been active on the forum for a while, but "Hamfist" is an admirer of Acara species and has had a few different types in recent times.

Yeah looks like an Acara the body shape looks right for Acara - what type of Acara not sure but could be standard Blue :)

Wills

Thanks guys for your replys.
As i say i have 4 blue acaras that i got from my lfs when they were a lot smaller.
The tank was full of blue acaras as it said on the glass,but there is so much similarity between these fish that you never know if your going to end up with a green terror, a so called sam chiclid or whatever.
I seen someone on aquarist classified selling a breeding pair of blue acaras at just 3inch in size and they looked stunning with the orangy outline around the fins, made me want to get them,thats why when i looked at mine the doubts crept in.
Thanks again for all replys :good:

Most reactions

Back