Black Dalmation Finally Had Her Fry!

Madam Macaw

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I didn’t have time to download the fry pictures last night but here are the proud momma and poppa. She had about 35-40 last night

Rocky – the dad
2223913822_6d0ed52f00.jpg

Momma – who has yet to be named (son want’s to). This was her almost 2 weeks ago:
2223800132_23a39eb209.jpg

2223798176_529a97edb5.jpg

This is the platinum one that is still pregnant, not a good pic but you can see how big she is:
2291926901_8217f9f149.jpg

I moved the black and platinum one into the big 55 gallon tank. There is alot of plants in there, plus I added some fake floating ones for when she has the fry. My 10 gallon is now housing all of the fry and the two small clown plecos. I can't believe how much bigger the molly fry are when they are born compared to the sword fry. I will post pictures tonight or tomorrow.

Oh, and from the looks of it - there is one really light one, one really dark one and the rest look brown - so I can't wait to see the markings that come out on them. I am one excited grandma!!!

hey bud i seen you have snails in with your mollies do you add salt to your tank or not abd if so how much i have been told snails would be ok with a lil salt so plz help me

hey bud i seen you have snails in with your mollies do you add salt to your tank or not abd if so how much i have been told snails would be ok with a lil salt so plz help me

Yes, I add a tablespoon to 5 gallons to start, then when doing water changes, just add it for the amount of water changed. Also, I put it in the bucket with the water and let it dissolve - I don't just put it directly into the tank as that can be detrimental to the snails and corys if you have any.

so i can do what the side of the box says? and the lil guys will be fine

another ? do you have real plants in your tank? bc i do and have been told they might eat them and some say they wont hurt thme? so what do you think about that

another ? do you have real plants in your tank? bc i do and have been told they might eat them and some say they wont hurt thme? so what do you think about that

I have snails in both my 10-gallon with fake plants and a few real ones and in my 55-gallon with all real anubias. They haven't bothered anything. I have watched my big snail just crawl up the side of one of my plants and then float off the leaves. No problem.

OMG your mollies are gorgeous! My LFS sells them but I can't buy any. I have several 13 gal tanks, but there's no way anybody in their right mind would keep a jumbo molly in a 13 gal. WAAAAH!

You say you use salt, what plants do you have in your tanks? I want to know what plants will do well if I add a little salt to my Mollies. Also, do you recomend salt? Your Mollies look very healthy!

awwww they are beautiful fish, i saw some at my lfs, and the lighting that they have didnt make them look that nice....

a massive congratulations on becoming a granny :drinks: :drinks:

Congratulations-join the ranks of us breeding these champion fish-althought my breeds dont have a sail fin-yours look real great. :good: Ive never used salt with mine-seems like an unnecessary expense.............

Most reactions

Back