Big Problem With Bogwood

kingjohn1966

Reaction score
hi everyone

i just re scaped my 78l corner tank again because i wanted to try bogwood again

cut a long story short the water is really brown its leakin tannis really bad even after very long soak periods in boiling water its been baked and scrubbed so many times what can i do to clear the water up?

the filter i got atm is the one built in to my tank its an aqua ufo550

thanks in advance

john

regular water changes can also help. the tannins are beneficial to the plants and fish, so it's not really a big problem.. except from the aesthetics. :good:

It does more good than harm, so unless it is really bothering you, just leave it and it will become clearer over time.

this was happening to me for the last 2 months despite soaking the wood. just change some of the water out when it gets too brown for your liking, and eventually it will stop. personally, i like how it looked in my tank with the orangey tint.

ok ill get fresh carbon in my filter and change my water weekly and see how it goes for a while

thanks alot

ok ill get fresh carbon in my filter and change my water weekly and see how it goes for a while

thanks alot
My big piece of wood was 2nd hand off Ebay and had been used before but it still turned the tank water yellow brown for 8 months. Even now a year later the water still has a faint yellow tint in spite of weekly water changes.I learn tto live with it and quite like it now, makes the tank look more natural.

Most reactions

Back