Big problem!!! high water temp

When I talked about circulation, I was talking more about water movement. The more the water moves, the more itll release heat. With a fan on the aquarium, across its longest side, you should help it lose some of the heat.

Xcrown

:) Xcrown, Rena is a canister filter which circulates abt 165 gal per hour. Or did you mean surface circulation/disturbance?? Oh, and I lifted the tank cover as well. The water evaporates now faster but it does help to cool the tank a bit.
Adeyc :laugh: :laugh:-nice one

Not just surface movement and disturbance, but water current, water movement within the aquarium.

Xcrown

Dennis, how far is your aquarium from your air conditioned bedroom? I have a radical idea, may cost about $40 And do you have any old tanks laying around?

HAHAHA....for some reason, Ive just pictured alot of waterfalls. But I think I know where GL is heading.

Xcrown

LOL :D
I think Xcrown pictures $5 woth of tubing, a small pump, a siphon overflow, and a bucket or small tank in the bedroom.
Wouldn't be real pretty, but it would be cheap and most likely solve the problem if all else failed. :)

:D The tank is quite remote from the a/c. Bedroom then hallway and then across the living room. Haven't got any spare tanks.
I bought an air pump yesterday to increase oxygen content in the water, the fish look pretty happy now. No more fatalities so far. The temp is at 28-29C

Dennis, That is a great distance for what I have in mind. 28-29 for temp shouldn't be too bad for the little guys. My wife used to run one of her tanks that high. She found that the fish ate more and grew quicker at this temp. So you might find them a bit hungrier also. She grew silver dollars big enough for dinner in no time :)

Oh yeah! One of my red tail sharks is big enough for a pan already and I could use some of my plants for a salad :D :D
Checked on fish during lunch break, the temp seems to have settled at 29C. I'll try to keep it this way till the end of summer.
Thanks again for your input guys!

Most reactions

Back