Bettas That Look Like Regular Fish

Gold-Fisher

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I saw a couple of them that had nice colouring but had like regular fish like bodies with less finnage, what variety is this?

Possibley but they werent as pretty as tehe plakats that showed up in google.

Plakats come in all the same colors of regular bettas, so they may have just been duller. Also could have been females. Females can be pretty colorful, but most of the ones I see in stores are dull brownish red or pink.

Yep- I'd say plakats or females. The fish in my signature is a female HM betta.

If you're in the U.S. and interested in some, I have a lot that I need to find homes for. Not enough time for everyone with working f/t and being a f/t student!

This one looked quit big it was over an inch long.

Thanks for the offer but I'm in Asia.

If you're in Asia, there's a chance it was other species in the betta genus. The ones I'm familiar with all have short fins. They're very hard to come by in the US, but being Asian fish, they may be more commonly sold there.

If the mouth was enormous, it was a mouthbrooder. If the mouth was the same size as a normal betta, a bubblenester like the ones we are used to. Inch long is not big for a betta, there are some giant bettas that are over 3 inches and 2 inches is normal for a full grown male. Not counting fins.

Most reactions

Back