Betta Vase

Okay, you win - not really interested in getting into a conversation about digestion anyway.

My thoughts are still - if the routine of food is workin', don't fix it. :rolleyes:

BettaMomma said:
Okay, you win
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Awesome! What is it?

$20?

Ooo, oo, I know - one of those goldfish in the tiny bowls, like at the fair?

Maybe a chocolate covered beanie button?

A Bob Barker effigy?

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I just can't wait!

:p

You win a hi five cuz you won the "I know more about fish digestion" contest...

Cuz, frankly I'm sure you do know more about it. LOL

Eh, that's what a degree in Biology, a hobby in fishkeeping, and waaay too much time on your hands'll get ya. -_- :lol:

Great - you're gonna be my new source of info during this whole cycle.

You know what's going to happen - if/when I get this cycle gone thru and Amos is happy in his new tank I'm going to think I'm an expert on that, too. You'll have to follow me around and correct my posts, I suppose. :p

BettaMomma said:
You'll have to follow me around and correct my posts, I suppose. :p
She can do that ,I've seen her in action before! :look:

I encouraged the whole board to do that yesterday (not to you though :lol: )
Everybody loves da fishies :*

BettaMomma said:
Do be careful, though, with open containers with bettas in them.
I make covers for the vases using plastic canvas.

I have 3 of those big vases. :fun: It can hold a 1gal and half easy.
I change water 2-3 times a week. Currently I am only using one of the vases. The only thing in it is 1 small and one medium silk plant, the fish and conditioned water. Frankly I think the plant silks under water look better then a bunch of roots anyhow. The huge vases come in handy on clean out days, and for treating fish when needed.

I almost choked when I saw an elderly woman at the walmart in the "fish sect." on valentines day carrying a vase with red heart stones, plant, clear sparkling water looking at the bettas.A few people started gathering around to look at her prize find. Then I spoke up and I asked her if she knew she needed to feed the betta; as the betta won't eat the roots. She said she knew that. Then a few minutes later she asked me what food I'd recommend. I told her she could try the Hikari Betta Bio Gold pellets; my fish love them.

I just said "that I tried that vase thing once and ended up buying a tank a few days later as it was a lot of hassle keeping the roots clean and short, the water healthy, and removing the waste. It was easier for me and the fish and about the same cost anyhow to get a 1 gal kit". Gave her just somethings to think about.

A few minutes later she left the area without buying a betta... I hope she changed her mind. Don't know the outcome because I was afraid she'd think I was harrassing her and end up being booted out. :whistle:

My hometown Walmart has some ladies in the craft dept. that keep persisting on pushing the vases. They even have a display fishy (which changes everytime one succumbs). Horrid to see whenever the water is filthy brown, and the fish just sits on the bottom with no one able to take the time to attend to it. Sux. :(

I wish my Walmart would get out of the fish selling deal... slowly it is happening. They are so bad at fish keeping they only have 4 tanks of about 24 with fish in them. The rest are high and dry with green gunk growing in them. :crazy:

The peace lilly vase thing belongs in the same catergory as the tiny little hexes and double hexes. :grr:

Most reactions

Back