Betta Traits!

BettaAds

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
What do your betta do that give you the occasional laugh (if anything)?

Ours seems to hover around the plec (george) in bewilderment, seemingly trying to work out what he's doing!

Also just randomly flaring when we go to feed them!

:lol: all mine make me laugh in different ways.

Gill most of all, every morning he is sat staring at me waiting to turn the light on and then he goes nuts! His tank is by my bed but next to the TV, if i'm sat on the bed he's at the front and won't move but if the TV is on *or computer as thats plugged into my tv* he just sits staring at it :look:

Haha nice :p

They are comical, I can sit and watch hours for hours after work (in-between doing my design work) and they never fail to give me a laugh!

I have staring contests with my CT, Flare. We will stare at each other for about two minutes, then he just randomly flares! It's how he manages to win.

Rockstar, my VT, likes to wiggle his butt at me when I come near the tank. He also nibbles my fingers.

Ice is my calm one. He comes to the side of the tank and blows bubbles at me.

Shade, my new HM, dances for me, follows my fingers, and makes faces at me.

My female begs for food like a dog.

Mine seems to think his Girlfriend is another Male so he goes nuts trying to get to her and she just turns around as if to say "Yeah, whatever."! Oh and he struts around the tank flaring at everything... Including bloodworm.

Mine seems to think his Girlfriend is another Male so he goes nuts trying to get to her and she just turns around as if to say "Yeah, whatever."! Oh and he struts around the tank flaring at everything... Including bloodworm.
He doesn't think she is another male, he's showing off his "goods" :rofl:

He doesn't think she is another male, he's showing off his "goods" :rofl:

:lol:

1 of my females Rainy, gets moody when it rains hence her name

I had my betta, Rockstar, sharing a divided tank with a lady (she passed away randomly a week after I got her) and he woul strut alongside the divider, full flare. It was like the dance male peacocks do when they are trying to impress! And boy she was impressed! I saw those vertical bars pop up....then I felt bad cause they just wanted to get down, and I couldn't let them party!

I had my betta, Rockstar, sharing a divided tank with a lady (she passed away randomly a week after I got her) and he woul strut alongside the divider, full flare. It was like the dance male peacocks do when they are trying to impress! And boy she was impressed! I saw those vertical bars pop up....then I felt bad cause they just wanted to get down, and I couldn't let them party!

I've posted a topic about my breeding plans and I have some queries... Could you take a look and if you can, help me out please? I just don't want to spam this topic with the problems I've already posted in another topic.

My new boy, Sakima, will swim up to his housemate snails, get really close, flare, SWIM AWAY! then repeat the entire process like 3-5 times

Haha! Go Shane!
Elan always swim right up to the glass to say hi whenever I'm anywhere near that tank! And Bob is just so curious! He's always trying to wedge himself between the tank side and the thermometer!

haha sounds amusing :p

Haha! Go Shane!
Elan always swim right up to the glass to say hi whenever I'm anywhere near that tank! And Bob is just so curious! He's always trying to wedge himself between the tank side and the thermometer!
Niiice, ours does that too (well between the tank side and the filter)! :)

If mine ever finds a snail he loves to flare and jump at it even when its sliming across the lid he nocks it down and it crawls back up he nocks it down etc he loves snails lol

Most reactions

Back