Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 gallon+

• 3 gallon+

• 5 gallon or bigger

• Total voters
well first of, im working on the proof ive seen i just dont know the sites , but ill it tommorrow at the latest, next yeah a 1 gallon can be maintained but thats not the point here. yeah alot of bettas are lazy and wont use room , partly cause many are actually treated so porrly in the stores, and just seem to become this way, out of all the babys ive gotten from mine none seem to be like this, but this isnt the point. these guys are no different from what golfish were treated like , ppl think its okay to stick them in some tiny little bowl and feed them, i know you guys do more than that, but a betta is a roaming fish and a active fish , they need room, some tiny tank or bowl which is gives them little room to swim and they quickly become bored and health deterates, this isnt like the natural home ( yeah i know this inst there natural form cause i got a pair of natural ones) in nature they live in huge rice patties with plenty of room. And even the fish rules which i already said and tell you the truth i cant stand fish rules cause thy only ever apply for a small group of fish. but even that says they are to small, for exsample the one inch per gallon thing that 3 inches per gallon that would be tripple thelimit and they are even bad rules. and im sure non of you have had a betta live more than 3 or 4 years in one of those tiny tanks

o yeah not to be rude but ive seen betta build bubble nest in those tiny 1/4 gallon things the call betta tanks or something like that

Maybe the bubblenest alone isnt proof, but there are other factors, you can just tell a happy fish, especially a betta. They are active and greet you when you come in a room, they look physically healthy (strong color, nice fins) and throw teh bubble nest on top of that, and Id say you have a happy and healthy betta :)

yeah most of that does equal a happy betta, but some betta just dont have strong colors and greeting you just means they know you and they know you give food.

but it sounds like you got a happy betta :D

pharoh08 said:
greeting you just means they know you and they know you give food.
Hehe, with appetites like bettas have, I will definately agree with that :)

you havent seen anything till you see a 13 inch oscar staring at you waiting for his breakfast,

:D I keep all my bettas in 10g tanks....however I put them in smaller tanks during breeding. :D ;)

I've kept bettas in a 1 gallon tank. It lived 3 1/2 years. It seemed happy to me. It ate and swam around a lot. Now I have a 5-gallon tank with a betta and some other fish in it. It seems just as happy. It's fine to keep a betta in a 1-gallon. People posting that crap on websites are people who think they know it all. It's fine to keep a betta in a 1 gallon.

hello everyone,

personally i think a betta would do fine in a tank volume of 3 gallons or up,
bettas perfer smaller tanks, for it is less stress for them to patroll, but this does not mean they should be kept in tiny fish bowls! :/

try getting 3 gallon or up, they seem to be happy in those environment,
oh and put a plant in there, they seem to like them!

hope this helps, bye!

regards Qays, :p

Some poeple live in small houses and some live in castles. Who is to say a Beta is happy or not. Although life expectancy is a compelling arugment, it is not proof Betas are less happy in smally tanks. Statistics can say whatever you want them to say. Another factor to the short life of a small tank Beta may include a neglagent owner, which Im sure none of us are. I have two betas, one in a peace plant bowl and one in a community tank. Both are thriving and are approx. 3 years old. RIP the legendary Manny......victim of a curious toddler.......yes, his death i can attrubiute to living in a small, but more importantly, accesable tank. Lets all be friends and let Betas be Betas :p :thumbs: :nod:

the point is not whats happy, a old lady on her death bed can be happy, the point it any one who cares more about their animals themselfs should give their animal a good home, not just what fits you space or budget, a 1 gallon barley give a betta room to swim and gives them very little activatiy in there life, i mean yey a single plant and a 5x5x7 space to swim in the tansk are barley longer than the fish, im not getting into life cause i still dont got my proof im still waiting for a person to get back to me. and just because a fish is moving and eats does not mean its healthy , tell you the truth most fish you cant tell if they are happy. a betta breeder once told me, " theres a difference between survival and thriving" which is what we should all aim for thriving , and all a betta is doing is survivng

the point is not whats happy, a old lady on her death bed can be happy, the point it any one who cares more about their animals themselfs should give their animal a good home, not just what fits you space or budget, a 1 gallon barley give a betta room to swim and gives them very little activatiy in there life, i mean yey a single plant and a 5x5x7 space to swim in the tansk are barley longer than the fish, im not getting into life cause i still dont got my proof im still waiting for a person to get back to me. and just because a fish is moving and eats does not mean its healthy , tell you the truth most fish you cant tell if they are happy. a betta breeder once told me, " theres a difference between survival and thriving" which is what we should all aim for thriving , and all a betta is doing is survivng

Most reactions

Back