Betta Problem

intsikto

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Morning everyone.. Im still new when is comes to Bettas, so i would like to ask few questions.

i just bought a blueish green betta in our LFS yesterday.. he is really energetic and has a great color.

this morning though, his fins color is some what different, its like it got burned.. why is that?

its better to have 2 bettas in different container(place beside each other), so that they wont always stay still and always sleep right?
tnx!!

What size containers do you have them in? Do they have heaters/filters? Do you add water conditioner. Do you know the water stats? Any pics to help?

Definitely need tank size, stats, temperature, etc. What kind of dechlorinator.
'Burned', as in black or brown, or red?
It could be ammonia burn, or fin rot, but only your tank stats will tell. :)

Could just be that he's stressed and changed colour, but container sounds a bit on the small side to me

4q4kria.jpg
[/img]
he's really weak :-(

my tank is about 1 gallon.. its a new tank..
ive place the water 1 week before buying the fish..
is that good enough?

im living in the Phillipines.. its not cold here..

i dont think he will survive the day..huhu

ooh dear it does look a bit like ammonia burns I guess all you can do is keep him in nice clean water

well im no expert in this.. but i dont see a dorsal fin and so im thinking of fin rot. and if it is, then you need to get medicine for it fast. b/c fin rot can go to body rot. but you can go to this link to read up on diseases and it has a thing on fin rot. and it shows treatments.

http://www.bettatalk.com/betta_diseases.htm

hope this helps.

Chris

mm i was umming and arring between the fin being behind him or not being there. Maybe some tetracycline would help if you can get that? Not sure what you can get over there

no.. im in mindanao.. Cagayan de Oro city..

can you help me prvent something like this from happenign again?

what should i do with the water or water change?
i usually have a large container to store water for a couple of days,
so when its cleaning time i just use the water from the container.
meaning there is no more chlorine.. ryt?

now i know why.. since the time i bought him, his always staying in the bottom..
hes already sick..tsk

no.. im in mindanao.. Cagayan de Oro city..

can you help me prvent something like this from happenign again?

what should i do with the water or water change?
i usually have a large container to store water for a couple of days,
so when its cleaning time i just use the water from the container.
meaning there is no more chlorine.. ryt?

now i know why.. since the time i bought him, his always staying in the bottom..
hes already sick..tsk

Ok CDO yeah been there a couple of times you call it "The city of golden friendship" for the mean time why don't you remove those fancy stuff in your tank like the gravels, fake plants and other decorations if there's any.

Do 100% water change and pour 3 inches of water, add a pinch of rock salt and dry Talisay leaves and don't feed him for several days.

Then ..........

PRAY

I'm going to second ammonia burn.. That is an extreme case indeed. Yikes. You need to immediately change his water and add some salt or IAL or BWE to assist in healing, and give him a bit of a warmer temperature to make him comfortable.. Yikes.. Poor baby. :(

Most reactions

Back