Betta Fry By Mistake

chrischeyne

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
well i have come home today to find loads of betta fry in my second fish tank. both males and females are keeped in this tank with a tank devider in. so i do not know how this happend as the female is not on the male side of the tank. my male always has a bubble nest so i do not see any thing different from the normal yesterday. so i guess i have to raise them now , i was thinking about but not for the next 3 mouths or so. and good way of raiseing the fry? they are free swimming :crazy:

Oh my gosh! Your betta jumped the barrier too! I believe that this is how one of my bettas got his fins torn up, however, when i found him, both bettas were innocently on their own side of the barrier as if nothing had happened. Or i guess in your case it could have been immaculate conception :D

http://www.thebettalady.co.uk/bettainfo.htm#159849105

there is stuff about raising fry and spawning on this page.

btw it says you should remove the male after they are free-swimming

http://www.thebettalady.co.uk/bettainfo.htm#159849105

there is stuff about raising fry and spawning on this page.

btw it says you should remove the male after they are free-swimming
thats great mate cheers they are all well at the min very tiny fry :lol:

omg that is soo cool, i had done everything for breeding bettas and they layed the eggs but i thought that nothing had happened and was about to start over but my mum stepped in and noticed the little fry. mine are only about 3 days old now but i use liquifry no.1 four times a day and that seem good but to be honest there isnt much you can do for them except remove the male.
good luck
siobhan

omg that is soo cool, i had done everything for breeding bettas and they layed the eggs but i thought that nothing had happened and was about to start over but my mum stepped in and noticed the little fry. mine are only about 3 days old now but i use liquifry no.1 four times a day and that seem good but to be honest there isnt much you can do for them except remove the male.
good luck
siobhan
i am on day 9 and i have just moved the little guy to a little fry net in my commuanty tank so the male betta has got his tank back.i started to feed them on liquifry 2 now. i noticed this morning that the female from the pair has now died so i guess it is from the spawning process.that has upset me as i think she was the prittyest female i had ever seen red with white patches.well good luck mate with yours dont forget the waterchages i do it with a little air pipe with the air stone on the end so u do not suck babys up
good luck :good:

good luck
siobhan
i am on day 9 and i have just moved the little guy to a little fry net in my commuanty tank so the male betta has got his tank back.i started to feed them on liquifry 2 now. i noticed this morning that the female from the pair has now died so i guess it is from the spawning process.that has upset me as i think she was the prittyest female i had ever seen red with white patches.well good luck mate with yours dont forget the waterchages i do it with a little air pipe with the air stone on the end so u do not suck babys up
umm if it is bettas as they are egg layers then shgouldnt you be feeding them liquifry no.1 as that is for egg layers? i am feeding my betta fry no.1, also the fish shop recommended that after a few weeks i crush up tiny pieces of flake food to go with the liquifry so you could try that. how many fry have you got roughly?

good luck
siobhan
umm if it is bettas as they are egg layers then shgouldnt you be feeding them liquifry no.1 as that is for egg layers? i am feeding my betta fry no.1, also the fish shop recommended that after a few weeks i crush up tiny pieces of flake food to go with the liquifry so you could try that. how many fry have you got roughly?
about a 100 i started with liquifry 1 and now on to liquifry 2 as the are the size of a guppy fry now. i feed my guppy platy fry on the liquifry 3 witch is powder. i think if u feed them liquifry one for to long they are not going to grow that fast once they are more than a week old

good luck
siobhan
oh right ok then thanks. by the way do you have any tips on how to get the fry to grow quicker?
about a 100 i started with liquifry 1 and now on to liquifry 2 as the are the size of a guppy fry now. i feed my guppy platy fry on the liquifry 3 witch is powder. i think if u feed them liquifry one for to long they are not going to grow that fast once they are more than a week old

Most reactions

Back