Betta Fish And Goldfish?

Fish911

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi!!
I have 1 10 gallon tank that has tropical fish in it and my betta fish. I also have a 7-8 gallon tank with 2 goldfish in it! I was woundering can you mix a betta with goldfish. My friend tryed it and it worked. But i jsut want to be sure!

Please tell me!!

Hi!!
I have 1 10 gallon tank that has tropical fish in it and my betta fish. I also have a 7-8 gallon tank with 2 goldfish in it! I was woundering can you mix a betta with goldfish. My friend tryed it and it worked. But i jsut want to be sure!

Please tell me!!

Be a bit weird> if u raise temp gradually until at right level for Betta, then add it may be alright?? However I wouldn't risk it.

Hi!!

Please tell me!!

Be a bit weird> if u raise temp gradually until at right level for Betta, then add it may be alright?? However I wouldn't risk it.

well my goldfish are in cold water. So i dont know? Should i try?i think i might! Well do you think that the betta might attack the goldfish?

See your other post for my reply.
I would not do it . If your betta is happy leave him where he is also goldfish need at least 30 gals each when they get bigger goldfish are coldwater fish bettas are tropical even if you friends fish is fine at the moment he might have trouble later. Pat

why would you move the betta into a cold AND extremely cramped tank?

I wouldnt risk it sounds harsh on the goldfish puttin them ina tropical tank

I wouldnt risk it sounds harsh on the goldfish puttin them ina tropical tank

he's talking about putting the betta in with the goldfish

also, you can keep goldfish at tropical temps with no problems, it just makes them more suseptible to disease

also, you can keep goldfish at tropical temps with no problems, it just makes them more suseptible to disease

That's hardly 'with no problems' then :unsure:

No, it isn't possible to mix the two. Even if you managed to strike a balance with temperature the betta would likely take great exception to a goldfish's fins and attack them ruthlessly. Besides which, the tank is too small for goldfish anyway.

It would be better if you didn't start identical threads in different parts of the forum, gets confusing. I will repeat what I said in your other thread:

a betta would be likely to find it very stressful to share a small tank with such boisterous active and fast-growing fish as goldfish. It would be difficult to keep the tank clean enough as goldfish poo a lot. Goldfish are tough and would probably survive, though it's hardly an ideal life for them. I think the betta would be likely to succumb from stress.

It would be better if you didn't start identical threads in different parts of the forum, gets confusing. I will repeat what I said in your other thread:

a betta would be likely to find it very stressful to share a small tank with such boisterous active and fast-growing fish as goldfish. It would be difficult to keep the tank clean enough as goldfish poo a lot. Goldfish are tough and would probably survive, though it's hardly an ideal life for them. I think the betta would be likely to succumb from stress.
okay! Well right know my betta is with 19 other fish in my ten gallon and my 2 comet golfish are in the 7-8 gallon.

Most reactions

Back