Betta Compatibility

I think i will go buy one. My betta is gentle and look at this...http://www.fishforums.net/Killifish-Compatibility-t196802.html

Of course you will. Of course you wouldn't listen to advice if it doesn't go along with what you want. :rolleyes: Good luck. When you wake up to dead fish, remember that people advised you not to do it.

I don't get why people ask for advice when they are just going to go and do the opposite anyway

What's the point if you already have your mind made up?

I don't get why people ask for advice when they are just going to go and do the opposite anyway

What's the point if you already have your mind made up?

I don't know. They want to show the world what willful ignorance really is?

come on guys, every betta is different you adviced that i remove the guppies from mine but no problem, i'm sure if a problems occurs then it will be sorted before any major damage :good:

come on guys, every betta is different you adviced that i remove the guppies from mine but no problem, i'm sure if a problems occurs then it will be sorted before any major damage :good:

Every betta is different. However, the last thing we need is for posts like this to get to newbies, who don't know any better.
Keeping bright colored community fish with bettas is not wise. Only a few people can pull it off, and we don't need Newbies coming around thinking it's okay and waking up to a tank of slaughtered fish.
I don't like seeing posts like this because they almost never end well, and yet people get it in their heads that if someone on a forum said theirs has been working for a few weeks, their own idea of male guppies and bettas might work, and they'll try it. And most will end up with dead fish.
It's just an all around bad idea.

did i say they were male guppies :p i have kept males with angel fish and barbs in the past it lived 4 years so must of been happy, i have also kept a pair together that lived 4 years, also if they have had there betta 2 years how does that make them a newbie?

no your not being rude, but just because you haven't done it doesn't mean it isn't possible

did i say they were male guppies :p i have kept males with angel fish and barbs in the past it lived 4 years so must of been happy, i have also kept a pair together that lived 4 years, also if they have had there betta 2 years how does that make them a newbie?

no your not being rude, but just because you haven't done it doesn't mean it isn't possible

I think Dibari meant other newbies that will read this

You're right...but I know to keep him by himself with just shrimp for company :)

I never accused you of having male guppies. I'm saying that people will see that and jump to their own conclusions, and think it's okay.
And I never said that Rex was a newbie EITHER.
I am not placing the blame for his conjecture about bettas and guppies and all sorts of other colorful finned fished on you -
I'm saying that his post might mislead a newbie who comes in here looking for advice, and I don't want that to happen.
I will say it once, and I will say it again, keeping bright finned community fish with an aggressive, solitary species like bettas is a bad idea.
Take it or leave it, I will never change my opinion. :/

They give me advice on other one and i did listen to it!!! Deciding what to do between the other thread and this! And its just that there in such poor condiotion at store... i think my betta would be alright but if i see aggression i will give the killi to a friend.

The killis there selling dont have color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if they did i wouldnt get them!!!!!!!!!!!

in the end its down to the betta and what he/her will put up with, my Blaze is an evil lil guy but Royal is the most gentle betta i know and 3 females like a busy tank whilst the other doesn't so she is now in a 1.5 gallon bowl, yet no problems with the others being onlly 3 of them, i do understand what your saying, but every fish is different betta or guppy

and ive had bettas with past communitys for many many years!!!!!!

in the end its down to the betta and what he/her will put up with, my Blaze is an evil lil guy but Royal is the most gentle betta i know and 3 females like a busy tank whilst the other doesn't so she is now in a 1.5 gallon bowl, yet no problems with the others being onlly 3 of them, i do understand what your saying, but every fish is different betta or guppy

I give up.. :unsure: You don't seem to be getting my point.
Do as you please with your fish. I'm just trying to prevent a slaughter from occuring.. I need to stop caring about other people's fish so darn much.

It feels like you guys are getting pissed... If you are then im sorry for even opening this thread...

thinking about it, i have kept a pair of killies dont know what type but male was orange female yellow and my betta never bothered them, this was the same time i had the angelfish and barbs too

I give up.. :unsure: You don't seem to be getting my point.
Do as you please with your fish. I'm just trying to prevent a slaughter from occuring.. I need to stop caring about other people's fish so darn much.

if i felt ANY of my fish would be *Slaughtered* as you put it, do you really think i would leave them too it? i would give my life to save my fish, to some they may be just fish, but i become very attached to mine and spend many hours a day caring and watching them for any agression

Most reactions

Back