Best Web Order Shrimp.

gsta13

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey all im looking for someplace preferably in the UK That posts out good stock. I want some shrimp for my planted tank, im still in the experimental stage and there is some algae growing abd plants dieing. So i would like a clean up crew. There are some pest snails in there atm but im happy for them to be untill i want the rest of the tank sorted. The tank p.H is slighty acidic atm but is coming more neutral with each water change. Any suggestions on types?oh i will have guppy fry in there that i dont want the shrimp to eat and probly neons in the future.

Thanks
Greg

Alright bud I just started a similar thread in the buy/sell forum.I'm also after shrimp and dont want to pay silly prices for them.

I can recommend this guy on ebay but even then the price is still a little steep.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/gogosnails

I know you said preferably in the UK, but if it's variety your looking for then there are some amazing German websites that will ship to the UK. The prices are much better too, and if you buy quite a few this easily makes up for the extra p&p.
http://www.interaquaristik.de/
If you want to go through the ordering process in English then i suggest you download firefox and the foxlingo language translation, as using google can be a pain :good: .

Have you personally used this german site to order shrimp i'm just concearned about them coming to the uk alive :blink:

Not personally, but there's people on another forum that have and they arrived in perfect condition with no deaths. There's a two day delivery to the UK, but they are packed very well. How do you think they get into shops here in the first place? All the lfs' import livestock from much further away.

three finger which forum is it that you read the info on this site, as i'm interested and would just like to check out other peoples experience with the site. cheers.

try the snailshop
they do snails as well as shrimps :p
Woah, they revaped the site! You can finally buy less than 20 shrimp!
three finger which forum is it that you read the info on this site, as i'm interested and would just like to check out other peoples experience with the site. cheers.
I'll PM you, as your not supposed to link to other forums here :shifty: .

How do you change the language of the german site,it looks really good but dont understand it!!! :angry:

Have you personally used this german site to order shrimp i'm just concearned about them coming to the uk alive :blink:

I've bought stuff from them a few times and had no deaths. As long as they're packed properly there shouldn't be problems shipping shrimp. A heat pack, insulation and something for the shrimp to cling to is vital. I got mine overnight even though the site says 2 days. Personally I wouldn't buy if it took more than 2 days as the risk goes up dramatically.

I've also bought off ebay, some tiger shrimp from gogosnails and that was good too, no deaths and healthy shrimp. I bought from Trimar and had some deaths, probably due to poor packaging (bags of water instead of a heat pack and newspaper in cardboard as insulation).

If you're struggling to read the site, try google language tools. That will translate the whole site. If you need help, email or call as they speak English. Details are down at the bottom of the site somewhere.

There's a site called Aqua Essentials that has some shrimp in the UK. I've never bought shrimp from them but have bought gravel and they were very professional.

P.S. Greg, Red Cherry shrimp mioght be the best bet. Cheap, colourful and quite hardy. The other dwarf shrimp (Crystal red, Tiger etc) would be safe but are fairly delicate. I'd avoid Amanos, which can be a bit too lively for a baby fish, and anything called 'longarm' (macrobrachium) because they'll massacre your fish.

Hey Fatboy :hyper:

Nice to see you on this forum. Welcome :D

some of those things ive not seen before
and all those crayfish
isnt it illegal to keep some of those?
im a little wary on buying from there i dont want to get into trouble 0_0

Snailshop is a bit on the pricey side for shrimp although my girlfriend buys snails from them and they are always good quality.Gogosnails is not bad I got cherries from there and cos of a mixup they gave me some free blue ones too.The other sites just seem so expensive.If I can get some breeding I will sell them cheaper myself.

Ok heres some of my findings so far per 8 cherry shrimp, please if others could post their findings.

Gogosnails (ebay) £10.00 + £6.75 postage = 16.75
Tropicalfish4u £23.04 + £14.50 postage = 37.55

Most reactions

Back