Best Small Filter?

MewMew42

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I need a new filter for my 3ol betta tank!

now I'd like something that has flow control but it can be huge in size as the tank is long and not particularly tall....

I was looking at the elite minis? my first one broke though =[

any help is good =] thankies

The Red Sea Deco Art's are nice. The clear ones, they're pretty popular on nano planted tanks. They're pretty reliable, have a lot of room for media, and are adjustable. Pretty cheap, around $15 dollars, which is like 10 euros.

Yup, the Red Sea Deco is a great filter!

Here is a picture of the one I have on our Betta tank:

100_2363.jpg

100_2369.jpg

100_2375.jpg

-FHM

the red sea nano looks like a pretty good filter tbh lol

can only get it from that states though it seems so it might take a while to get here :(

Hey MewMew, since you're in the UK, it should be pretty easy to source a Boyu filter. Go for the smallest one which does up to 25L, it has decent flow control and a spray bar so you can mount the filter any way you desire.
I have one kicking around here I used for a 8L tank, but I recycled the plug for the xmas tree.

I know Swallow Aquatics stock the entire Boyu range, so if there's one near you, take a look.

Either that or find another cheap Japanese brand, they all use the same basic specs.

awesome =]

I tried [and failed] to out my old Pf1 filter in there but it totally took over =[

Ill look on ebay and see what i can dig up now i know what im looking for!

Hi,

I have the red sea filter in my 5.5 gallon and just to let you know ahead of time, the box only comes with a couple small pieces of filter media so it's a good idea to buy extra to pack it full. Also, even with the flow control, depending upon your betta, you may have to modify how much water comes out. Mine is a double-tail betta so he needs a very still water flow.

Fatheadminnow[/b] - what size bowl is that? One of my bettas is in a 2-gallon and I don't plan to upgrade him. . .maybe I should get a red sea filter for him. . .right now he just has a heater.

looking at those hang on filters theyre too big in length they all seem to be 30cm more or less....my tank isnt that tall :( its just long

new plan guys lol

I like the elite minis, mine been running fine so far. The little green flow control thing went down the drain a long time ago :sad:. Other than that is been fine.

My Azoo Palm (also called Red Sea Deco) is 10.5 cm tall. The extension tubes look to be approximaetly 5 cm each and it comes with two.

Maybe these will help.

Picture360.jpg

If you can make it out the tube is in three sections. The only section you really need is the one that actually connects to the filter and as you can see it doesn't go below the filter housing so it's within the 10.5 cm. The other two sections are just extensions to make the tube go lower in the tank. I'm guessing that they are 5 cm each. Here is one more pic from a different angle that you can probably see better.

Picture362.jpg

I use the Dennerle Nano 10-40L shrimp filter (Eckfilter) for my Banjo. Has flow control and keeps the water perfect. Not a better filter that I know off.

my Banjo and Eckfilter
banjo001n.jpg

I still like the Elite mini :) haven't used them for a while now because too small for the current tanks so I use the stingrays with the flow directed backwards to the glass. Keep them for emergency small treatment tanks though, they're perfect cos they give off some good bubbles too, hehe

Most reactions

Back