FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
As some of you may know, my birthday is coming up! I will most likely get cash from my friends or parents, so I want to get a shoal of Cory Cats.

What is the best food for them? (I plan to get 8+:

My cories love Hikari Shrimp Wafers and live black worms. I also got Cichlid sinking pellets for them and some of them like an algae wafer once a week.

So there is no good actually made for Cory’s that you feed them?

I'm pretty sure the Hikari Shrimp Wafers are made for cories and loaches. I think most bottom feeder tablets or pellets are good for cories as well.

Most good quality sinking foods will be enjoyed by cories, but there are a couple of things to keep in mind.

First, their natural food is primarily insects and insect larvae. Worms yes, but limited. Fluval Bug Bites are a food particularly good for them and mine took to it immediately after I first used it. Shrimp pellets are also good nutrition; Omega One is a good brand.

Worms should be fed sparingly, maybe once a week, and frozen bloodworms or similar will do. Frozen daphnia is another high quality food.

Vegetable foods once a week won't hurt but not more as Corydoras do not digest this that well. Omega One Veggie Rounds are good especially if you have plecos in the same tank so this gives them their algae/kelp. There is also whole shrimp in these.

Will Cory cats eat shrimp? In the tank I’m going to get Cory cats in, I have an Albino BNP and about 60 cherry shrimp.

Will Cory cats eat shrimp? In the tank I’m going to get Cory cats in, I have an Albino BNP and about 60 cherry shrimp.

Crustaceans are a natural element in their diet, but small ones. I've no idea how large the shrimp are; baby shrimp would easily get eaten if the cories came across them.

You said you got them Pleco Algae wafers... are these good for them? If they are, I will get the Tetra Algae wafers and the FLUVAL bug bits. (The Algae bug bites)

Marine mix (prawn, fish & squid) that is cut up fine. Frozen (but defrosted) bloodworms, brineshrimp, mysis shrimp, daphnia. Small earthworms, grindal worms, white worms.

Any sort of bottom feeding pellet but not too much plant matter.

Feed a varied diet.

I'm not sure about the algae wafer being good for the cories as I put mine in for my snails to eat but a couple of my cories nibble at it too.

Marine mix (prawn, fish & squid) that is cut up fine. Frozen (but defrosted) bloodworms, brineshrimp, mysis shrimp, daphnia. Small earthworms, grindal worms, white worms.

Any sort of bottom feeding pellet but not too much plant matter.

Feed a varied diet.
I’m not going to bug any frozen food, as that gets complicated.

So my plan as of right now is to get this:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S6GLKKO/?tag=ff0d01-20 And this:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071NMTNM1/?tag=ff0d01-20 do these to look good?

Most reactions

Back