Best Filter & Heater Setup?

blakeya

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just bought myself a new tank. It's a RENA Aqualife 350 4ft (350litre approx). Now, I am moving up in size from a Juwel Rio 125, running on external Tetratec EX700 & Hydor external 200w heater. I am keeping tropical & what i would like to know is the best way to heat & filter my new RENA Tank. It is second hand to me although only three months old, but the previous owner has taken the rena filters & heaters.

All input greatfully received
Best Regards
AndyB

Similar to my line of thinking. Any other thoughts?? Would like to able to use one filter & one inline heater. After crystal clear/Healthy water. Thinking of going for a discus Display with this one :good:
Andy

well, the "best" way would be to go with a wet/dry sump. this would take care of both the filter and the heating. you can keep your internal heater in the sump, so you dont have it in your display.

One filter shouldn't be an issue - Tetratec EX2400, Fluval FX5, Rena XP4 or Eheim 2080 would all do the job. I'm not aware of an inline heater rated at 400 watts though. That said & given the tank size, an internal 400 watt would not really be intrusive.

The filters suggested by Macko are much larger than I would use on a tank that size. In the Rena line, I am presently using an XP3 on a tank that is 25% larger and it is doing a fine job for the fish. It has been in use on that tank for over 6 years and gets cleaned about every 3 months. When you get to larger tanks, you can toss the multiples that people often quote right out the window. A nice large volume of media in a canister will definitely take care of a moderately large tank. Mine is a 6 foot 120 gallon tank.

Most reactions

Back