Best Deal You Had For Fish

Wei_pad

Reaction score
I live in the Philippines and sometimes, the fish in the pet stores are unbelievably cheap. I went to a newly-opened pet store a friend of mine recommended and I was shocked by how cheap they were (and these fish were in good condition). :good: A blue gourami caught my eye and I asked how much it was. They said it was only 35₱! :hyper: That's around.......0.52£ or 0.80$. :hyper: Anybody else have any good deals?

Well I bought a guppy for a quid and it came filled with a billion more just like it ;)

52p...Seems kind of sad that's all their little life is worth doesn't it?

http://www.wholesale-tropical-fish.co.uk/

Me and friends club together to order what we want so we get things at cost price and then share the cost of delivery.

Not sure for me, but I've been offered a discount on my next purchase for taking some pygmy cories to one of my local stores if that counts ;)

my local garden centre is quite cheap. 3 platys for £5.20, cory cats £2 each. quite a lot of the fish are 2-3 for £5.20 though

Well I bought a guppy for a quid and it came filled with a billion more just like it ;)

52p...Seems kind of sad that's all their little life is worth doesn't it?

52p may be silly to some. But over here, 35 pesos still has a lot of value for a cool fish. :lol:

I get good deals from the store I used to work at. There is also a small shop that I frequent, the owner is a great guy to deal with. He just recently sold me a snowball pleco for $10, most other stores in my area want at least $25 and he had them marked at $20, so I think that's a good deal.

:shifty: I won't mention which shop i got this bargain from as it serves them right. They offered my credit for my liverock when i broke down my tank, even at half their retail price, it was £300 worth and they gave me £70 credit. Was not a happy bunny but i had put all the liverock in their VAT and darned if i was going to get it out again! So got even.

Next time i went on a weekend and spoke to part timer and asked him how much the big plec was in the sump, he looked at it and said they sold their big plecs for £20 but did i have a big enough tank? He agreed 8ft was great and so bagged up my big plec for me and i paid and scarpered :lol:

Felt pretty smug having bought a foot long Royal Panaque in fantastic condition for £20 :good: :lol:

EDIT: I don't condone dishonesty at all nor picking on people because i know they dont know better. I also don't condone screwing over someone working for the same company by £230. So there. :p

I recently bought a java fern from a local pet supermarket, only too discover that I had inherited a good collection of hitchhiking cherry shimp opon planting it in my nano tank.

I got an L200 plec for $25. My LFS sells there's for $90 at the same size I bought mine at.

I got 6 plants for $1 when someone dropped em at the fish tank! Spent $20 and got bettafix, 2 anubias and 6 idks

e38c97c6.jpg

all those plants in there are from that batch, and there are other's i've thrown in the other tanks

Most reactions

Back