Best Airpump?

Whitey_144

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi,

i'm settting up a Tropiquarium 88 (130litres approx) i'd like to get a 3inch and a 1inch airstone in the tank, which airpump do most like on this site? (i also actually have an airstone that is about 2/3foot long, but not sure i'd use this)

The tank will be in my bedroom, so the quietest pump possible would be best. (from what i remember ones i've had previously seem to vibrate quite loudly)

thanks!
adam

Hi,

i'm settting up a Tropiquarium 88 (130litres approx) i'd like to get a 3inch and a 1inch airstone in the tank, which airpump do most like on this site? (i also actually have an airstone that is about 2/3foot long, but not sure i'd use this)

The tank will be in my bedroom, so the quietest pump possible would be best. (from what i remember ones i've had previously seem to vibrate quite loudly)

thanks!
adam
I use the tetra aps series air pumps on both my tanks and to be honest if there tooked away in the cabinet you really don't notice it.

Hi,

thanks!
adam
I use the tetra aps series air pumps on both my tanks and to be honest if there tooked away in the cabinet you really don't notice it.
i second the tetra air pumps :good:

Hi,

thanks!
adam
i second the tetra air pumps :good:

i've some reviews for them, but it seems the diaphram goes quite soon on the reviews i've seen..not sure if this is a case of only reviews are bad, and not proporational.

has anyone here had this issue? and are they the quitest? i dont mind paying more...to get some sleep!

Silly question, but would you need to run the airstone at night? If the filter output rippled the water surface, that would get enough oxygen into the water, so the airstone would only be for decoration anyway. It would be a lot quieter with just the filter running while you were asleep.

Silly question, but would you need to run the airstone at night? If the filter output rippled the water surface, that would get enough oxygen into the water, so the airstone would only be for decoration anyway. It would be a lot quieter with just the filter running while you were asleep.

hi essjay,

i wouldn't need the airstone at night, it's purely for decoration, but it is a tropiquarium which only has one plug, so i was thinking of wiring it into the hood and it would be on all the time. I'm not a fan of turning it off every night, but i guess i could just plug it into a timer on its own....i'll probably have to do the latter. I still would like it to be quiet anyway.

what kind of turnover rate would i need? for one inch and 3inch airstones at the same time? and how much air turnover for a 2/3foot curatin of bubbles?

I forgot you had a tropiquarium! I looked at one when I got my Rio, and it was the fact that everything ran off the one mains cable that put me off the tank. I wanted to be able to change everything in case a piece of equipment broke.

I forgot you had a tropiquarium! I looked at one when I got my Rio, and it was the fact that everything ran off the one mains cable that put me off the tank. I wanted to be able to change everything in case a piece of equipment broke.

yeah that is one of the things i dont like about it, i guess it 's good that its tidy, but if something breaks its hassle. i was young when i bought it! lol i think i'll do what you said and keep it seperate, im sure i can get a timer off my dad, lol.

when i looked at the unit, it seems you can wire in 4 things. so... i'll keep filter and heater in there and leave the other 2 blank. I think the lights wire elsewhere under the hood to the unit too.

i'm not sure what to do with the lights though, the timer doesn't turn on and i'd like to turn on the aquaglo a bit earlier and off later than the sunglo, does anyone on here have experience in re-wiring the lights, maybe i could wire the lights seperately into the same timer/switch as the air pump?

looks like everyone here agrees on the Tetra APS!

so which size would i need get in order to run:

A: 1x1inch airstone & 1x3inch airstone
B: 2/3foot air curtain

(i may switch between A&B)

i will also, have a rio240, so wouldn't mind getting a slightly powerful one in case i ever moved it to that tank. but for now would a Tetra APS 300 work for the above and not blow away the fish? i will probably also run an internal Eheim 2413 Biopower 240 (not sure how powerful the flow would be)

would the above be ok for angelfish? i get the impression they don't like alot of fast water?

looks like everyone here agrees on the Tetra APS!

so which size would i need get in order to run:

A: 1x1inch airstone & 1x3inch airstone
B: 2/3foot air curtain

(i may switch between A&B)

i will also, have a rio240, so wouldn't mind getting a slightly powerful one in case i ever moved it to that tank. but for now would a Tetra APS 300 work for the above and not blow away the fish? i will probably also run an internal Eheim 2413 Biopower 240 (not sure how powerful the flow would be)

would the above be ok for angelfish? i get the impression they don't like alot of fast water?
I use the aps300 on my roma240

If you are using it for decoration rather than oxygenation then size doesnt realy matter.

Most reactions

Back