Besides Yourself, Who Supports Your Fish Keeping Hobby?

Multiple choice! =)

• Dad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mom

• Brother

• Sister

• Boyfriend/Hubby

• Girlfriend/Wife

• Cat (Mmmmm!)

• Grandma

• Grandpa

• Aunt

• Uncle

• Friend

• Someone else... (who?)

• No one...

• Kids

• Total voters
I am basically on my own. My wife pays no attention to the fish except to ask me to set up a guppy tank for her. She never looks at the guppies much and I do all the care but she says they are hers. My kids are all out on their own and 2 of the 3 of them have their own tanks but they do not live close enough for us to support each other much. I suppose if they were asked what got them started it would go something like "We had fish in the house when I was growing up and ..." Both of them have branched into cichlids so they have very different fish to what I have. My third child had fish for a while and is talking about getting back into them. My granddaughter was fascinated by my tanks when they last visited.

My girlfriend helps me with tank cleaning and whatnot, she is moving out east again in a couple days so for the school year I shall be alone!

I blame the misses (gf) for getting me started into fish keeping. Started with a goldfish and now we have two tropical fish tanks!

She mainly helps with ideas, encouragements and funding but she does occasionally help with maintenance. :good:

half and half really

my boyfriend got me into it =] he suggested a tank, and now we have 5 haha.

he does like to get involved, but only if its suggesting the most wildly inappropriate fish for the tank!

he gets irritated when i talk about fish too much, or something goes wrong though =[

I thought I was one of the only ones who has no support. But I guess not, lol. That's why I asked! :)

My mum and dad split up a few years ago, but theres always a good side to it as i can keep more tanks :hyper:

Dad- helps me to do water changes but if he dosent want me to even tho i REALLY need to he wont let me thats why i got off on the bad foot in sick oscar thread, I stay at my mums and see him a couple of days during the week, he knows nothing about fish only the names & how to feed them if he can say all the names in the fish tank he thinks he is a fishkeeping expert :rolleyes: my 240 litre is at my dads house
sometimes when my dad takes me to the lfs, I'd be talking about fish species, water chemistry, biotypes ect... to the staff and my dads like :S :S
:lol:

Mum- is really impressed with my 240 litre at my dads, so she wants to setup a 100 litre tank for me... well, she buys the stuff but i set it up and shes amazed at how i know what to do, she probably thinks im a little nerd reading all the fishless cycling books and kribensis care sheets :lol: but she knows a bit more than my dad well at least she reads the care sheets and tries to learn a bit :wub:

Brother- helps to turn the tap water through the hose on when im doing a water change, he knows far more than my dad, but im not going to say that to my dads face :p i might get him a tank for his b~day and see how he reacts :lol: but im being serious

hope this give u little help on what its like for me :D

My Fella (leigh) is great.

Think he is too scared to go too near to the fish tank! He wouldnt touch it for fear of making it leak or "adjusting it" somehow.

He does love to watch the fish though, so always encourages me to get extras for it or to make improvements. Not only that, but he also doesnt mind when the dinner table gets covered with mini tanks whenever Im attempting breeding! Hes encouraging me to research new filters at the moment - getting me a new one for my birthday.

.If your listening - Thank you Leigh - you're a star and I love you even more for it.

It was actually my ex-best friend that got me into it. lol She had a 10 gallon tank in her room, and bred mollies inside. I fell head over heels in love with the fry, and asked her if I could have one. She said I'd have to get a tank first, with a filter and heater, (that's about all she knew about fish though, lol) so I asked my parents, and they got me a 16 gal tank! :wub: Which was actually listed as a 20 gallon, but I found out a couple weeks ago it was a 16 gal. :blush:

Most reactions

Back