Before And After

Actually I got the idea from Tolak :) but your welcome all the same! Looks good! :good:

Yeah, nice to know Tolak's good for something... :rofl:

Just kidding, T. :whistle: :friends: I'm working on him to get a planted tank started up... Nice display tank for a retired pair of angels...

I also prefer asymetrical island scapes, but I think it'll look good once it fills in.

I also prefer asymetrical island scapes, but I think it'll look good once it fills in.
never knew i had an 'asymetrical island scape' :lol: to me it was 'plants thrown in at random and left to get on with it' scape. i think the scaping is the most dificult part of keeping a fish/plant tank. thanks again for th comments, it hard to judge when no one else in my house has any interest in it!

never knew i had an 'asymetrical island scape' :lol: to me it was 'plants thrown in at random and left to get on with it' scape. i think the scaping is the most dificult part of keeping a fish/plant tank. thanks again for th comments, it hard to judge when no one else in my house has any interest in it!

"Asymetrical Island Scape" is the scientific term for the "plants thrown in at random and left to get on with it" scape. I'll be sure to add this to my Basics in Aquascaping article in PARC. :lol: I'll even use your tank as a prime example. There is something to be said for letting the plants do what they please. :good:

Serious, this looks good, now where's your journal?

"Asymetrical Island Scape" is the scientific term for the "plants thrown in at random and left to get on with it" scape. I'll be sure to add this to my Basics in Aquascaping article in PARC. :lol: I'll even use your tank as a prime example. There is something to be said for letting the plants do what they please. :good:

Serious, this looks good, now where's your journal?

aye looks like theres proof :rolleyes: although ive gone and ripped my randomness out in an attempt to 'organise nature' to look aesthetically pleasing - which is - addictive in its difficulty :S

1 MONTH ON...
Photo0245.jpg

im close to giving up on the java fern now :grr:

does it require LOTS of light or something???

That Java looks healthy to me, from that picture. Nice little 'jungle' scape. :good:

yer i love it vallis has done well to wish mine would grow that well lol
like the bin bag idea too

Looks nice to me.

The black background does look better Its hard to use a clear background with a canopy. The light doesn't escape above the waterline to 'light up' the white wall unless you have an open top so a good choice there.

Very jealous of those Vals ;) I'm slightly different to the others in that I have Vallis in my tank. Been there 2 years. Perfectly healthy but only 2 inches tall. lol. It has been hidden by other plants for all that time and just never seemed to grow but nice and green. Maybe I'll see if I can grow it my new setup. Not holding out for it to look as good as yours though :)

Great progress

AC

Looks nice to me.

The black background does look better Its hard to use a clear background with a canopy. The light doesn't escape above the waterline to 'light up' the white wall unless you have an open top so a good choice there.

Very jealous of those Vals ;) I'm slightly different to the others in that I have Vallis in my tank. Been there 2 years. Perfectly healthy but only 2 inches tall. lol. It has been hidden by other plants for all that time and just never seemed to grow but nice and green. Maybe I'll see if I can grow it my new setup. Not holding out for it to look as good as yours though :)

Great progress

AC

cheers AC! its all down to your diy co2 post! and at this rate ill be givin some of the val away so ill let you know when i do!

1 MONTH ON...
Photo0245.jpg

im close to giving up on the java fern now :grr:

does it require LOTS of light or something???

ahh, ^i meant to say java MOSS^
I spose with it bein at th bottom of th tank its not gettin much light.. esp with the vallis covering some of th water surface.. might try and rig some sort of spot light to light up the moss..

Most reactions

Back