Bae's D&d 24G Nano Reef

Yeah it's got a couple of months of date so ime gonna give it a feed tomorrow night it's settled and found a home

Cheers bae

Well the flames still going

I also added a 2 headed Duncan coral which has now sprouted a 3rd coral

My Xenia has tripled

And my zoas have died off a bit and lost some very cool colours for no reason that I can see but they shall be restocked at one point

I'll get pics up soon

Bae

Well the flames still going

I also added a 2 headed Duncan coral which has now sprouted a 3rd coral

My Xenia has tripled

And my zoas have died off a bit and lost some very cool colours for no reason that I can see but they shall be restocked at one point

I'll get pics up soon

Bae

I will need proof in pictures... :p Glad the flame is still going well. How are you feeding it?

llj

Live phyto 3 times a week with a turkey baister I've gotta feed it today

And I'll get some pics later of this and my planted :good:

Well proof is in the pictures :lol:

The glass does need cleaning but I'll do that later

full tank shot
PICT1467.jpg

duncan coral
PICT1468.jpg

flame scallop
PICT1470.jpg

original xenia colony
PICT1471.jpg

the xenia thats grown
PICT1472.jpg

the kenya tree
PICT1473.jpg

the cleaner shrimp i added
PICT1475.jpg

Atb Bae

Just fed my scallop the photo freaking reaks (apparently if it's dead it's even worse :sick:

But has any one got a fish idea for this tank

It has 2 clowns one peppermint shrimp and one cleaner shrimp then cud

Very nice pictures. You've got some really nice coraline algae on your rocks. Well two clowns right now, so there's movement. Something for the bottom? I'll think of something interesting. What have you been considering?

llj

Well the saffron goby was my choice but he obviously died so I'm unsure now :blink:

And yeah the coralines gone crazy I've gotta keep an eye on it as I may need a urchin If it gets too much:crazy:

Well the saffron goby was my choice but he obviously died so I'm unsure now :blink:

And yeah the coralines gone crazy I've gotta keep an eye on it as I may need a urchin If it gets too much:crazy:

You can train him to eat just the coraline you don't want. LOLOLOL You suggested this to me once, right?

So another goby for a 24g tank. Do you mind a shrimp goby pair? You know some of the gobies come as mated pairs with their accompaning pistol shrimp. Your tank is certainly large enough for a mated pair of gobies and you might get some breeding action.

Randall's shrimp goby (Amblyeleotris randalli), nice size
Brownbarred goby (Amblygobius phalaena), even bigger keep singly, sifts sand.
Genus Stonogobiops - smaller than the other two at only 2 inches and they're skinny. Male & female pairs can occupy the same burrow with their pistol shrimp, this is the breeding action one I was talking about. I'm looking at Stonogobiops nemetodes for my 8g, either a single fish or a mated pair. Would be fascinating to watch.

Obviously the yellow watchman is a favorite too.

llj

Yeah I had a pink cheeked watchman paired with a tiger pistol shrimp in my Osaka and it was to big as the burrowed at the back and I never saw the shrimp until I dismantled it :crazy:

So don't really fancy a pair again but just a burrowing goby might work eg one of the above without the shrimp lol

I'll have a look out and see if one takes my fancy for the tank and may get one in the future also cheers for the ideas

oh and I'm thinking treat train the urchin with a clicker and all :lol:

Most reactions

Back