Bae's D&d 24G Nano Reef

new zoas later went cadwell park today and got a head ache :sick:

i also added no water from the bags

and trod why you fighting it :lol:

but the larger clown (presuming female) is in a cave under the rock with a pit dug in the sand just swimming there so could they of layed eggs and the wrasse got in the way :sick:

well the clowns look bad and on there way out
but the zoas look happy as larry

test results show

ammonia-0.6
ph-8.2
nitrate- 5-10
nitrite- 0.1

so ammonia spike and little nitrite

gonna go buy 2 25ltr salts from waterzoo at 10am (£8 a drum atleast :crazy: but atleast i know its good) and do 50-60% water change

well the clowns look bad and on there way out
but the zoas look happy as larry

test results show

ammonia-0.6
ph-8.2
nitrate- 5-10
nitrite- 0.1

so ammonia spike and little nitrite

gonna go buy 2 25ltr salts from waterzoo at 10am (£8 a drum atleast :crazy: but atleast i know its good) and do 50-60% water change

There's your answer mate! Amm and trite! Wouldnt bother with wc mate, just remove all livestock/coral and let the tank cycle itself which it will if your getting a reading for amm and nitrite. Tbh I thought it was a bit quick adding live stock and coral straight after setting up but thought you'd have been ok with the LR as it looks cured!

Loving the Zoas by the way mate. That's a nice little nano.

i also thought it would be fine as all live rock was transported in water and wash sloshing about and definatly didnt get cold in this weather

the clowns died at 9 this morning one in the rock work so had to dismantle then rebuild ive done a 90% water change

drank some fish water then new water from the drum as i put the drum high up then siphoned it in

so went brushed my teeth then mouthwashed then went to gargle and drank some mouth wash now gotta do a water change on my 100g planted

i also thought it would be fine as all live rock was transported in water and wash sloshing about and definatly didnt get cold in this weather

the clowns died at 9 this morning one in the rock work so had to dismantle then rebuild ive done a 90% water change

drank some fish water then new water from the drum as i put the drum high up then siphoned it in

so went brushed my teeth then mouthwashed then went to gargle and drank some mouth wash now gotta do a water change on my 100g planted

Should've left the water in to re cycle mate. Doing wc will just delay the process.

Salt water tastes nice don't it! Lol

yeah i know lol but id i had no place to move the corals or crabs so i thought id give them some relief

Well today the levels

Ammonia 0.1-0.3
Nitrate less than five 5
Nitrite 0

So getting there

So my Cycle finished a few days ago so I got some hermit crabs and snails and fish and a shrimp from Coventry so 50 miles away it's all fine except one snail died and bristle worms attacked so got a ton of the worms out got loads left so thats fine then two clowns and shrimp were not good so after testing water again it was all fine so I put it down to internal parasites as they looked fine just not swimming right so I got some reef safe meds and treated the tank on the first day one clown died and the shrimp too as they were from the same tank at the guys house the other did not look good, neither were eating but the one clown made a miraculous recovery after the medication and is now eating so I think it must of been parasites/ infection so I plan to get another clown to pair him/her with

I have a question then pics

Can I pair a black and orange clown together

Also think I identified my zoas

fire and ice zoanthids
PICT1325.jpg

PICT1330.jpg

brown zoanthids
PICT1333.jpg

wham and watermelon or possibly eagle eye zoanthids
PICT1320.jpg

PICT1335.jpg

mixed green and red zoanthids
PICT1327.jpg

PICT1336.jpg

short xenia
PICT1334.jpg

short xenia with clown
PICT1328.jpg

Just won some radioactive dragon eye zoas for 2.20 but 6.90 postage still not bad :hyper:

Ad

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320705340388&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Re the clowns Bae, some people have successfully kept the two together but others haven't! So, no hard and fast rule

Seffie x

Hmmm food For thought tank you

hey there

will be keepin a eye on this nice post keep the pics and info comin

Tony

Well just added a very small orange clown as the black ones flicked on the sand so thought better not the photos make them look similar size but there not

Very blurry pics

PICT1341.jpg

PICT1340.jpg

PICT1339.jpg

PICT1337.jpg

PICT1342.jpg

But it just occurred to me the first on was wild caught (didn't know this until they're been bagged and we were about to leave :sad: and the new small one is captive bred is there a problem with this baring in mind the bigger was treat with wide range meds and has showed no sighns since

Bae

Well I've done somefrags I used reef putty that sets hard so made some plugs by hand and just fragged some wam and watermelon zoas wearing rubber gloves made 6 zoa frags

Then went to do some short xenia and pricked my finger with the scalpel I'd done the zoas with ( id swilled it off though) so went and ran it under really hot tap got a new pair of gloves and did 6 Xenia frags

And put them on my homade shelf egg crate on a breeding trap without the mesh :lol:

Front 6 Xenia back 6 zoas
PICT1351.jpg

So I now hope

1 the pleotoxin didn't get in :sick:

2 less important the frags do ok :good:

Then I may trade some may sell some

Atb bae

Most reactions

Back