Bae's D&d 24G Nano Reef

bae1994

Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears.Beets.Battlestar
Reaction score
well i guess i better start a journal lol

its a d&d 24g nano skimmerless heres the story

it was on ebay for 65 pounds buy it now here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230608311990&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
i made a best offer of 50 and he accepted
the scratches arnt that bad with water in
the stand just needed the plastic coat glueing back down
and the light was funny as the starter was in a bag in the tank and was full of damp fused the house so clicked the house back on and hair dryed the starter and only one light worked as it needed a new starter (not the unit the little white 99p clip in bit)

i scraped the plastic off the back and added a light for cheato

so egg crate went in then the arognite sand i already had in the cupboard then i wanted a better moonlight

so in went these in the hood with a lead i had
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110616281822&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

i filled it with premixed saltex RO wich was at 1.016 so afded salt and left for 24 hours it was correct

added 1kg of lr from mh aqautics with some mushrooms on (not mushrooms similar but cant remember the name more rare)

that had aptasia on so got a lighter and a barbecue skewer and burnt them :devil:

i then today got 7.5 kg of lr off preloved that was £6 per kg got that for 30 and both zoas for 10

so the stocking is

2 occeleris clowns (showing signs of breading)
1 six lined wrasse
1 hermit

now questions then pictures

q 1= viewing lighting cycle leds at 7.30am-9.00am / mainlights 9.00am-6.00pm / leds 6.00pm-10.30pm is it ok?

q 2= cheato lights 6.00pm-9.00am (when mainlights are off/wont get any light from mainlights hopefull prevent ph crash) is that ok?

q 3= stocking can i add a goby and cleaner shrimp?

pictures

full tank shot (group photo)

PICT1257.jpg

green zoas
PICT1251.jpg

PICT1253.jpg

green+orange zoas
PICT1250.jpg

atb bae

q 1= viewing lighting cycle leds at 7.30am-9.00am / mainlights 9.00am-6.00pm / leds 6.00pm-10.30pm is it ok?

q 2= cheato lights 6.00pm-9.00am (when mainlights are off/wont get any light from mainlights hopefull prevent ph crash) is that ok?

q 3= stocking can i add a goby and cleaner shrimp?

Hi mate, looking good!

1- Light cycle is okay, are they just blue moonlight LEDS? I have my full lights on for 8 hours but some do more/less.
2- When I was running cheato I ran it on an opposite light cycle to stop a PH swing. All good!
3- Yeah go for it, I always wanted one but have never got round to getting a pair.

Btw them zoas are well nice, lucky git! What your future plans for coral stocking?

thanks for the answers also it wouldn't be a sybiotic pair (just sold my old pair this morning with a tank)

not sure on corals the lights are 2 x 36w compacts so nothing too light demanding i guess

also yeah the clowns are vibrant orange under full lights and a darker orange under leds (not because the lights change the view) they seem to change colour for some reason

also the six line and clowns came from my osaka 150 i sold this morning and he seems kinda timid currently hopefully it will stay that way (awsome fish very active and inquisitive)

although there was next to none lr in the tank for a few hours and the male clown took a chunk out of the wrasses tail so i gotta keep a eye out but hopefully the new lr will solve that issue as upto now its been fine

atb bae

full lights

FTS
PICT1272.jpg

PICT1273.jpg

ZOAS brown + green + orange mixed colony dull in photos much brighter in real life
PICT1276.jpg

PICT1266.jpg

ZOAS green colony
PICT1269.jpg

PICT1274.jpg

CLOWNS
PICT1268.jpg

PICT1271.jpg

PICT1277.jpg

WRASSE
PICT1282.jpg

atb bae

just picked up another smaller zoa colony from lfs (never kept zoas before now and gotta say there awsome)

and a yellow mixed with pinky brown polyp coliny and a mithrix crab

well hadnt seen the wrasse since this morning and half an hour ago he shot out swimming wierd then sank to the bottom i netted him and put him in a jug in the tank he then died or so i thought as he then darted around the jug then stopped and sank then died for real

really strange all i can think of is theres alot of bristle worms in there so could they have stung him
or something as there was no visible sights of stress injury etc ill test the water but it was wierd

#41####, dont know to be honest mate. Sorry for your lost, does seem weird :huh:

Where are the pics of the zoas? I love them personally, great coral and easy to care for. Cant go wrong! :good:

yeah really strange as if he was having a fit

the new zoas i havn't got a photo yet but the others are a post or two up :good:

he he yeah its gave me a new lease of enthusiasm for marine

any idea on the wrasse seffie

I agree with Seffie, possibly an internal parasite. That or some kind of shock? Did you add the water from the new zoas into the tank? Or any drastic changes in the tank?

Well lets have a pic of the new zoas then :drool:

Most reactions

Back