BAD wrasse!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Paul_MTS said:
My 6 line wrasse has just killed 2 hermit crabs.

It;s even worse that he has barely eaten them.
[snapback]893059[/snapback]​

6 line wrasse should be added last, they get dominate if they are "first" in the tank, i would try addign some bigger and more mean than him to cool him down or something

d'oh, bad move paul, you will have to take him back. did the shop tell you they are reef safe? we only sell them in our fish-only system....

Ben

:crazy: i asked if he was coral safe which they said yes to. everyone gave me the all clear on here aswell.

i don't really fancy catching him, that will be a right pain.

Hi, I put 1 in my tank on Tuesday then I read your post. I researched some sites on the internet, one of them Liveaquaria, and every site I saw stated that they were reef safe.

Steve

steel has a wrasse in his reef tank, and my LFS has one in their 500 gallon corals for sale tank. They are reef safe. You might just have the one exception to the rule.

Just saw this....they (mine) are reef safe. HOWEVER....some DO like inverts. Mine sparred with my skunk for awhile but that stopped. I've heard anecdotal stories of them eating them. I haven't seen him attack/eat any snails, tho', I do have two empty margarita shells...both now housing hermits. I attributed that to the hermits. SH

Most reactions

Back