Baby Mollies

Fifi

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all

I have just seperated my male mollies and put them in a seperate tank from the females, are all baby mollies female until a certain age/size? as there was only a few grown up babies that were male, all the smaller babies seem to be female :/

Thanks

hi,
all fry have the fan shape until a certain age when if they are to be boys the rod shape will develope,
there is no telling how many of each you will get per batch, watch out for late develpers, i had a fish that was 3-4 months before he got his bits. :)

Hi Donna123

Thanks for the reply, I will just have to wait and watch my girlie tank then and when I do see any rod shape things :eek: appearing on any fish, I will scoop them out into the boy tank before they try to put them to use.

So male fish must be slow developers then along with the human kind :p

Hi Donna123

Thanks for the reply, I will just have to wait and watch my girlie tank then and when I do see any rod shape things :eek: appearing on any fish, I will scoop them out into the boy tank before they try to put them to use.

So male fish must be slow developers then along with the human kind :p
lol, some males are late to develope,
all the best donna :)

lol, some males are late to develope,
all the best donna smile.gif

Yes Donna I agree, we will leave it at some males, don't wanna cause any arguements here :p
Well, I'm still watching and waiting....
Take care Fiona :)

Hi fifi,
I'm just wondering how do mollies got pregnant and how do you know when they are. I have a boy and a girl myself, and no signs of pregnancy yet. Do they give birth to small fry or do they lay eggs?
thanks

hi
mollies give birth to live teeny fish, mini mollies!!! when they are pregnant they get fat looking & ive found before ours drop they get an almost box shape to them when you see them from the front or back. our mollies are black so we cant see a gravid spot - a coloured patch just behind the fishes belly that is i believe the eyes of developing fry inside.

Most reactions

Back