Awesome Shops

rictheredneck

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
after a round trip of about 200 miles and finding out that the marine specialst shop in nottingham no longer deals with marine i thought id like to find out which are the best shops in your area which are the worst and hopefully find out about the hidden goldmines in my area.

so i guess i'll start it off, im from manchester, england

my fave shop is oasis decent and varied stock very helpful staff, clean and quite affordable http://www.oasisaquarium.co.uk/about.htm

my least fave shop is daves aquarium in bolton, huge shop but the appearance lets it down, they say not to use theyre water in your reef due to copper treatments.

its like a mirror image of myself oasis are out of this world and they have just opend a new marine section too which is very very good. the staff are out of this world to. i live in bolton and the above place should be shutt, how on earth they are still allowed to sell any thing is beond me. have you been to the place in the ribble aqua scope i think they are called

yea they have some massive tanks and one 3,000 gal shark tank (could be 1,000 gal but it dam big ) very big shop about the size of the bolton shop we both know but very very well done. defo worth the drive , took me about 30 mins from atherton. so depending on were you are ? .

any way hope you ike it :)

yea they have some massive tanks and one 3,000 gal shark tank (could be 1,000 gal but it dam big ) very big shop about the size of the bolton shop we both know but very very well done. defo worth the drive , took me about 30 mins from atherton. so depending on were you are ? .

Agree with robb on Aquascope - very good corals and inverts there too. They offer a membership for a fee which gets you 10 or 20% off their prices - costs about £25/30 so I've never bothered. Wish I had now - would have paid for itself a while ago.

Maidenhead Aquatics at Wyrevale Garden Centre - Bold Heath (near Warrington) is worth a visit as is Cascade Water Gardens in Radcliffe - not massive but usually has good quality fish there, one or two unusual ones, but not much in the way of corals/inverts.

Agree with robb on Aquascope - very good corals and inverts there too. They offer a membership for a fee which gets you 10 or 20% off their prices - costs about £25/30 so I've never bothered. Wish I had now - would have paid for itself a while ago.

Maidenhead Aquatics at Wyrevale Garden Centre - Bold Heath (near Warrington) is worth a visit as is Cascade Water Gardens in Radcliffe - not massive but usually has good quality fish there, one or two unusual ones, but not much in the way of corals/inverts.

will try aquascope and maidenhead aquatics, i actually bought my tank from cascade its my local not a bad lil shop.

thats a bit too far for me LOL don't know about the rest of you. have any of you been down to the one in stockport (tring not to say who they are, as i don't think we are allowed too. but it starts with an A).

Most reactions

Back