Avatar floating island tank with water fall.

Looks awesome! Can you tell us more about the set up and equipment? I've not seen those lights before what brand are they? The directional light is really interesting.

I saw you used the seeds for planting, have you done this before? I've heard really negative things about them with them usually being terrestrial plants or taller growing plants sold as carpeting.

Wills
Yeah. The light I pretty much took the track light and them customized Into full spectrum by adding in sunlight led and yellow led strip. I had to do a lot of soldering myself but turns out to be good looking. I added spot light to create the sun beam through jungle effect when it's the only one turned on. Still need to add its own track to be able to separately country things. Also doing custom build allows me to turn this tank fully to automatic. I mean I have all equipment (from CO2 to air pump to lighting etc) work with wifi based siwtch or plug. So the entire tank is voice controllable or through app. I've done several small tank with seed before. Not bad. Those carpeting will grow a bit taller but ends up quite like the look of Monte Carlo. What I like about using seed is that usually the rooting is very strong into the soil so no worry about floating plants later on when you turn on all equipment. With this tank I think I want to add a lot of moss and maybe anubias and Buce to it. There are some other plants I may end up using. But I don't think I want much stem plants in there. It's either gonna be short front ground plants like A repen or small plants.

Very cool!! I look forward to seeing how it all plays out once it's flooded.
It's gonna take a while ☺️ but yeah. I'm excited. I also added an underwater water fall to it. That's the part I'm looking forward to. The moment of through to see if it works. It took me entire months to glow rocks and design pipes for the sand water fall

Yeah. The light I pretty much took the track light and them customized Into full spectrum by adding in sunlight led and yellow led strip. I had to do a lot of soldering myself but turns out to be good looking. I added spot light to create the sun beam through jungle effect when it's the only one turned on. Still need to add its own track to be able to separately country things. Also doing custom build allows me to turn this tank fully to automatic. I mean I have all equipment (from CO2 to air pump to lighting etc) work with wifi based siwtch or plug. So the entire tank is voice controllable or through app. I've done several small tank with seed before. Not bad. Those carpeting will grow a bit taller but ends up quite like the look of Monte Carlo. What I like about using seed is that usually the rooting is very strong into the soil so no worry about floating plants later on when you turn on all equipment. With this tank I think I want to add a lot of moss and maybe anubias and Buce to it. There are some other plants I may end up using. But I don't think I want much stem plants in there. It's either gonna be short front ground plants like A repen or small plants.
I love the plan you have! I definitely cant wait to see the finished product

It's gonna take a while ☺️ but yeah. I'm excited. I also added an underwater water fall to it. That's the part I'm looking forward to. The moment of through to see if it works. It took me entire months to glow rocks and design pipes for the sand water fall
Where will the water fall be? Is it the piece of "floating" rock near the center? And also, I dont know if you would want to do this but on some Etsy shops there are aquarium safe acrylic glow rocks that are in different colors. They are not big, pebble sized but shine pretty bright from what I have seen. They come in different colors like blue green and purple I believe. That may add to the avatar theme of the aquarium

Where will the water fall be? Is it the piece of "floating" rock near the center? And also, I dont know if you would want to do this but on some Etsy shops there are aquarium safe acrylic glow rocks that are in different colors. They are not big, pebble sized but shine pretty bright from what I have seen. They come in different colors like blue green and purple I believe. That may add to the avatar theme of the aquarium
Yeah. The water fall is the center island on the back. You should be able to see the acrylic pipe the island stands on. :) White sand will come out from that rock. I have to say that is the most difficult part of this tank to me. Haha. So much super glueing to stabilize the rock. Yeah I'll check it out. I was thinking to use rgb lighting for the avatar effect. I attached a testing photo I did back then.

Attachments

• wx_camera_1648524347456.jpg
    wx_camera_1648524347456.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 38
Amazing tank!!! Following!:)

Yeah. The water fall is the center island on the back. You should be able to see the acrylic pipe the island stands on. :) White sand will come out from that rock. I have to say that is the most difficult part of this tank to me. Haha. So much super glueing to stabilize the rock. Yeah I'll check it out. I was thinking to use rgb lighting for the avatar effect. I attached a testing photo I did back then.
Really cool! The rocks are powered by light so it isnt electronic. Just so you know... Ive heard of and seen sandfalls in aquariums and they all look really really good

Really cool! The rocks are powered by light so it isnt electronic. Just so you know... Ive heard of and seen sandfalls in aquariums and they all look really really good
You know what. If they have crushes stones in bright blue color. I may use that to replace the water fall sand. That would be awesome. Almost like that glow in the dark effect.

You know what. If they have crushes stones in bright blue color. I may use that to replace the water fall sand. That would be awesome. Almost like that glow in the dark effect.
I dont know how well it would crush up but it already comes in small sizes... An inch and under most likely.

And nooo! Dont replace the sandfall! I mean you can if you want its your tank but the sand fall would be sooo epic

I dont know how well it would crush up but it already comes in small sizes... An inch and under most likely.

And nooo! Dont replace the sandfall! I mean you can if you want its your tank but the sand fall would be sooo epici do
I do like the white sand too. But I also like what you mentioned about adding avatar effect.

I do like the white sand too. But I also like what you mentioned about adding avatar effect.

This is one of the shops that sell them. You can choose a color or just do a multi colored pack... This is nit the only shop that sells them but this is just one I had saved on my account... Different sellers have different shades of the color and can have a different size as well

Most reactions

Back