at first i thought my female was "manly" BUT....

the body shape is different. the males have a more defined curve at their "neck" while the females have a more defined curve at their belly. i think you can tell by the face but im not sure how to explain it. the plakats anal fins just look more defined or something to me.

yeah i can see the defined curved on the belly with teh female, i also thought females had a little white tube? :/

is it possible for a girl to have a hunchy back?? cuz i'm still confused by he/she/it. IT shows off it's tail, is super aggresive, makes a nest 6 times bigger than any of my other males nests, and is CONSTANTLY checking on it. something else i read says that a girl might have a white dot under their belly, and IT doesn't.....so today i went out and got a betta which i'm positive is a girl now...she has a nice FLAT head, plump belly....now for a name :unsure:

well, the he/she/it's name was maggie....but now it's name is IT.

Photo0015.jpg

testing! can you see this?? it's my dog sadie....if this works, then i'll take a pic of the he/she/it, if i can move the cage without messing up the nest.

the white dot that should be under the belly?? cuz i didn't see one....is that an 100% sure way to tell?
any way, heres the pics (finally!)
Photo0017.jpg
Photo0016.jpg

it's sooo hard!!! i had a real bright computer lamp shining right into the thing i had it in, and i that was STILL the best i could get!!! i don't know why, but i have some of the worst luck with fish and pictures....except for my gourami...but that has nothing to do with this.

i was hoping these pictures would work, cuz the first one shows it's body shape pretty good....and it didn't help that it was freaking out in the container i had it in, so i could bring it to the computer to get a picture....she would'nt stay still for 2 seconds!!! :X :grr:

Most reactions

Back