Assassin Snail

LardyDad

Reaction score
Here is a picture of our Assassin snail, the kids have christened him "Killer"

Also a picture of "Brian" which I think is a tadpole snail??

Attachments

• DSCF0708.JPG
    DSCF0708.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF0710.JPG
    DSCF0710.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 56

Very nice pictures :good: I hope Brian does not live with killer! :lol:

Very nice pictures :good: I hope Brian does not live with killer! :lol:

yeh he does, I think Brian is a bit to big for him and there's enough of the other little ones to keep him interested. Do you think once the little ones have gone then he will turn on Brian?

I think the 'tadpole' snail is infact a pest snail, cos i have these in my tank and got told there pests! :)

Take it the 'killer' is doing his job then, have you noticed a reduction in the snails?

I think the 'tadpole' snail is infact a pest snail, cos i have these in my tank and got told there pests! :)

Take it the 'killer' is doing his job then, have you noticed a reduction in the snails?

Yes, i think he is, we have two, Killer and Nikita (my missus named that one) Killer is bigger about 15mm shell but the other snail tadpole one is massive compared to the assassins. The big one may be classed as a pest but it is fascinating to watch and it doesn't seem to be damaging the plants. I dont seem to have an algae problem on the glass either!!

Brian looks ace! I want one, i'll call mine Steve.

I am infested with loads of Brians in my tank, and also ramshorns i think. They came free with my plants :good: :lol: :p

Brians a goner, any day now :p. I've seen assasin snails take down snails twice their own size, they just have to be hungry enough.

please keep us updated on Brians progress. I think he should have his own Blog!

please keep us updated on Brians progress. I think he should have his own Blog!
Brian is still with us. He is currently swimming around on the surface in the current from the filter. He does this a lot and then when he gets fed up he goes into his shell and drops to whatever is underneath. He startled a resting cory the other day. He looks really nice under the lights with gold specks in his shell.

Attachments

• DSCF0747.JPG
    DSCF0747.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 53

Most reactions

Back