Are They All Girls

they are still very young, three months at best maybe a while before egg spots show up.

well it does not look like they are fighting or one is chasing the other, I'd say yes they are females

All look female to me, I didn't see anything that looks like a PK male. That little white thing though... too small to sex TBH, keep an eye on it.

Hi

Agree with Amerce :good: That one looks males to be honest. There is also a lighter blue one that i'm 50/50 on???

You cannot 100% sex a betta by the ovi-spot, as juvenile males show them too.

Ok checked it out again and I'd say the 2 deeper blue ones are male, the cambo is a female, not too sure on the paler blue one as they are moving around quite a bit.

But they still have a bit of growing to do and if there is no overt aggression going on at the minute then they are OK, but watch out for those 2 deeper blue ones.

I thought male as soon as I saw the dark blue one. There is another blue as Bronze and Amerce have said that you'd need to keep an eye on too.

other then chasing his sisters he doesn't destroy them, infact last night i caught him curled up sleeping next to the purple one.
is that just a youth thing?

Probably......males that young will often try to pass themselves off for females when they are in a group of them.

Probably......males that young will often try to pass themselves off for females when they are in a group of them.
what should i do?
i don't have the space to set up another tank, once the girls are large enough i can put them in the 26 gallon but there still to small for me to want to risk them.

any suggestions?

what should i do?
i don't have the space to set up another tank, once the girls are large enough i can put them in the 26 gallon but there still to small for me to want to risk them.

any suggestions?

divide the tank?

i didnt watch the vids i am at school and the link is blocked.

You could try to divide a section of the tank for the male until you have a better idea of what to do with him. That's the trouble with getting a group so young....you just can't accurately sex them.

We did give Maddie from here a young group last year but because she only lived up the road we were able to swap over any that turned male.

Most reactions

Back