Are These Fish Compatible?

Durbkat

Untrainable
Reaction score
When I set my 55g up and put my angels and pleco in it could I put congo tetras in the tank?

lol not congos, wish people would know something about a fish before replying, they grow to be 3 inches..and yes they are compatible.

Ok thanks. Yeah I didn't think a angel could swallow a 3+" fish. What about my black tetras could they go in there to?

Angels only eat fish the size of Neons, and only when the Angels are big enough to eat them. Congos get to be too big for Angels to eat and I don't think they eat Black Widows. Black Neons, yes. Same size as a regular Neon. :)

No these black tetras aren't small the long finned tetras are about 1 1/2" to 2" long and the regular black tetras are about 1 1/2" long. There no where near the size of neons but the tetras in my 10g are since there are only x-ray tetras and red eyed tetras now they are about the same size as a full size neon. Also there is a person in this topic ttp://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=119717 said that if the angels were aggressive towards themselves or other fish to turn the temp down to 75F and that would stop aggression do you all think this is true and is there any harmful effects of it?

Sounds like an myth to me. Angels' natural food are Neons so I don't think altering the temperature will do much besides stress them out.

Yeah thats what I thought because I didn't see how lowering the temp would stop aggression between the angels.

i keep all my tanks at 80 so it should be fine. im not totally sure though.

btw i herd that if you got really small angels and raised them with neons then the chances if the getting eating will be a lot less.

Durbkat, you most likely have black skirted tetras and longfinned-black skirted tetras. They would be fine to put in your 55 gallon with your angelfish.

Durbkat, you most likely have black skirted tetras and longfinned-black skirted tetras. They would be fine to put in your 55 gallon with your angelfish.
Black skirted tetras are the same thing as black tetras its just an extra word added to it ;)

Most reactions

Back