Are Sciaenochromis Fryeri Iceberg Meant To Look Like This?

julibob

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Below are 3 attachments of one of my 4 1/2 months old Sciaenochromis Fryeri Iceberg fry. They are about 1 inch long. I am just confused, as I watched them spawn, and stripped the fry from the female myself. To me, the fry bear no resemblence to the parents at all.

fry1.jpg

fry2.jpg

fry3.jpg

Here is the dad

f.jpg

and the mum, which is an old one of her.

P1300004_edited.jpg

Let me know your opinions??

Julia

They look normal to me it takes quite a while for them to colour up .I have some at about 2.5 inch just starting to show some colour.
Give it a bit longer and they should start to look like mum.

Mine just had some babies about a month ago and she is holding as of right now and my assumption would be that they will look like mom shortly :)

this is where READING a book on the subject comes into play...... Haps and peacocks never come out looking like one or the other, it takes a long time for them to develope the coloration and body shape of their parents.

it can take up to a year for the males to start showing the blue color. The malawicichlidhomepage has some info and pics of verying ages. As this fish is new to me i recently did some research on it and picked one up today. hers a link with some info and pics http://www.malawicichlidhomepage.com/haps/malawi_ahlis.html . Hmm not sure if link will work but you can always cut and paste. Hope this helps.

can't help yoo on this matter but I just wanted to say
good to see you Julia :good:

Most reactions

Back